7 years and 8 days after starting this blog, I've made it to my 400th post and I can proudly say this blog has kept to its name, it truly has been random thoughts from the very first entry.
I decided to go back and read some of the entries and especially making sure I read the other milestone posts.
My very first entry: September 18, 2005 - short and sweet. (Gosh I was a dork!)
Post #100: July 19, 2008 - celebrating my 3 year anniversary in the trucking world. (Yep, still a dork!)
Post #200: July 30, 2010 - Chicago girls' weekend & Bon Jovi awesomeness (Losing a small amount of the dorkiness....possibly)
Post #300: August 28, 2011 - Mantras for a happy life (This was the start to the craziness of the next year of my life. I didn't know how dramatically everything would change after this post...too bad I couldn't remember these mantras thru some of the madness!)
And now post 400!
What can I say, my life has been a roller coaster over the years.
As of today's post, I've officially made it to my 6 month anniversary in my sales accounting position at my new place, which is more than what can be said for my last position. For the record, I quit 3 days before hitting my 6 month mark because I couldn't take the stupidity and stress. I'm so glad I took a risk and made this leap. I'm enjoying the environment, being able to work with great people, and overall my ability to grasp my job and the industry. Most of all, I feel like I'm able to contribute and make a difference in my department.
In my personal life, I went from being attached and madly in love with the one person who understood me, cared for me and ultimately made me feel normal to now being single. Over the past 11 months, I've learned a lot about who I really am and I'm more confident and accepting of myself and I've also learned what I am willing to accept in a date or potential boyfriend and what I am not. (Yeah, my list for potential suitors is pretty much unachievable, you are being compared to Broccoli after all, but I'm content with that.)
I've also learned who you can count on and remain friends with and who will not fight for your friendship when life doesn't go nearly as perfectly as expected. Again, I'm ok and accepting of these changes also. I think some of the fall outs were eventually inevitable and most likely necessary so I could grow and actually figure out who I really am. I am truly grateful for my friends who have remained loyal and true friends through thick and thin.
Most of all through the 400 entries and 7+ years of posting, I've learned that I can step out of my so-called comfort zone and find what it takes to be happy, healthy and successful in my life. Hopefully I've been able to portray that through all of my randomness.
No comments:
Post a Comment