Monday, September 17, 2012

Why my co-workers are so awesome, reason #512

At month-end JP gave all of the Sales Accountants a ranking as to where they stood on his list of favorite co-workers.  Granted there are only 3 of us, but the ranking went like this:
#1 - me
#2 - KP
#3 - B. Dilly

At first he gave us the rank based on how much extra work we had for him as Contract Admin when he came back from vacation the week of month-end.  Luckily, I had 1 small issue I needed fixed in our system so that I could get my companies closed with no problems.  My list continued to stay that small as each day before the 31st came around.  KP's and B. Dilly's list continued to grow, not because of anyone's fault, it was just due to the nature of their sales, but we've continued to make a joke about it every day since.  Somehow with the comments and things B. Dilly does in the office she's moved to 4th, 5th and sometimes 10th place and if she doesn't finish her DMX song for JP by Christmas, well she can just kiss herself off of the list completely.
Last week I officially cemented my position in the top spot as I told JP about one of my favorite side dishes.  We were all talking about veggies at lunch and the best way to cook them and what certain veggies taste like.  JP loves brussel sprouts as much as I do and we were trying to convince KP to buy them and test them out.  She asked about the best way to cook them and I mentioned roasting them with a bit of sea salt and parmesan cheese.  Matter of factly, JP says, "Lindsay, you are by far my #1 favorite, I've never had them cooked like that but I'm so trying it."
And because our group tends to say inappropriate, yet funny things when its just us, we came to the consensus, you just can't go wrong with cheesy, salty balls.

Source

No comments: