Sunday, September 02, 2012

Unofficial end of summer

Exciting Labor Day weekend....


No, that's not my ring nor is that even my hand, but my good friend KP texted the work fam last night with this pic and informed us she got engaged yesterday.  We are all so happy for her and her fiance and we're so excited to hear the details when we get back to work on Tuesday.

While it has been an eventful weekend for KP, pretty much for me this weekend (and really the last 4 days in general) has been a bust.  After feeling absolutely horrible on Thursday and Friday and plugging through work so that month-end goes smooth on Tuesday, I came home Friday night and vowed I wasn't doing anything until I felt at least halfway normal again.  I tossed and turned all of Friday night and I was getting a bit stir crazy, so I got dressed and headed to the gym thinking I would sweat out whatever was making me feel like crap.  No such luck though since the doors are computerized and the power had gone out during the night.  That was my cue to come home, put my pjs on and spend the day on the couch.
The work fam kept me entertained all day as we group texted back and forth.  Really, I think that is the only reason why I didn't try to get up and tackle my list of many projects I had in my head for the long weekend.

Somehow I managed to sleep decently last night and while not feeling 100%, today I'm at least able to function and get some things done like laundry, apartment cleaning and making lunches and dinners for the week ahead.  I still haven't pushed myself full force because if this sinus/allergy/cold BS comes back and I have to suffer through a 12 hour month-end close on Tuesday feeling like I did on Friday, I will have the worst close ever.  (And right now, that's the last thing I need!)

Hurricane Issac has made this a less than perfect holiday weekend in the STL also as we've had showers and storms pop up pretty much the entire last two and a half days.  We've needed the rain, so I'm not complaining and it is still warm (and humid!) but the sun and rain has come and gone in a weird untimely pattern.  I guess it's nice that I didn't have grand plans for Labor Day weekend...less chance of them getting rearranged because of Mother Nature.

No comments: