Thursday, September 27, 2012

Only my parents...

Usually I check in with my parents a few times during the week and over the weekend.  Saturday ended up being a fairly busy day of errands and chores and by the time I realized what time it was, I didn't end up calling or visiting either one of them.
I figured on Sunday, I would call and see how they were doing and update them on all of my happenings.  It was mid-afternoon when my phone rang the first time and not even an hour later it rang again.  Both parents had called to see how I was doing after the last few days of the work week and how my weekend was going.  I gave them the rundown and talked about the week ahead, normal conversation with my parents.

Perhaps the funniest thing is that both parents reminded me that had they remained married and not divorced in 1994, Sunday would have been their 35th wedding anniversary.  This year they have now been divorced longer than they were married, yet each one still remembered the day and made a remark about it.  What really made me laugh was the fact that each parent talked about wanting to call the other and wish them a "Happy Non-Anniversary."  However, both refrained from such silliness.

It's also crazy for me being a child of the 80s to realize the 1970s were over 30 years ago.  Geez, where is the time going?!?

No comments: