Thursday, July 26, 2012

No swimming necessary

The move has become a huge part of conversation lately.  Yesterday afternoon while at work, I was talking to one of my work group friends, D.Rob, about my move and he was asking the whereabouts of my condo in town.  Originally he's from Michigan but he has friends in the area and has spent time hanging out over here since he started working for our company.  And actually, he was extremely helpful in telling me fun places around town.
 
In any case, our conversation went a little something like this,
D. Rob:  Do you know where the water tower is in town?
Me: Yep, I'm about two blocks down the street from it.
D. Rob:  Oh then you're not that far away at all.
Me:  Nope, not really.  My commute actually got much easier by moving where I am even being the same distance away from work as before.

Fast forward to last night and the conversation that I had with my mom...
Mom:  Yeah, we would have asked you to watch Oreo and the cats while we're out of town but you're so far away over that river.

I'm the same distance away from her house as I am from work as I was in my previous apartment and yet, now because there is a river separating our houses, I'm sooooo far away.  I could understand me not watching them because of my crazy work schedule with month-end next week, but really her explanation is the river?  It's not like I have to swim to get to her house.  Believe it or not, I'm finishing up my first week in my new place and I've not had to swim to work once!

In other great news because I moved, my car insurance is being cut in half.  I would have written a post about this last night but I was too busy dancing around my condo.  It's looking to be a $600 savings this year.  Woooooo weeeee!!

1 comment:

Shell said...

Haha, but if she has to ford the river her oxen might die! Or, like, she could get dysentery.