It's been super crazy here again and even though I'm settled at the new place, it still feels like there is so much to do to paperwork-wise to officially make this my new home. To top it off, last week was month-end and we all know that for at least 2 days I'm in full work mode from the time I wake up until the time I finally make it home and lay my head on my pillow. July month-end was no different from any other month but at least we didn't have computer or network issues for this close.
As for paperwork with the move, nearly everything is changed to my new address. I did swing by my old place to check the mailbox one more time and found that not everything has been forwarded as requested. Of all things, one of my credit cards sent a letter notifying me that an address change had been requested. Hmm, might be a bit smarter to send this to the new address rather than the old if you're not going to put Address Service Requested on your mailing. I still need to visit the DMV and take care of my car and my driver's license and then everything has been switched over. I'm hoping to find the time to do that this weekend, among other things like an oil change, finding my Mom a birthday present and normal weekend errands.
Speaking of birthdays, Mom and B. Dilly share the same birthday (August 13th). While I'm going to be nice to Mom by making her a cake and hopefully visiting with her this weekend, we're having a little fun at work on Monday for B. Dilly. She's one of the first in our group to turn 30 and KP and I went all out a few weeks ago and bought a lot of crazy decorations for her desk and our area (bring on pin the crown on the princess!) and we're having a really fun cake made for her big day. Our entire group is excited for Monday and that's saying a lot since it is still a Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment