I called Charter tonight to transfer my services to the new place starting next weekend. The rep was super helpful and did not push me to accept anything more than what services I already have through them unlike numerous times in the past when I've received calls for phone service and finally I got pretty ticked off and finally told them to put me on a do not call list.
Luckily with the move, I'm doubling my internet speed (30 Mbps!) and getting a few more channels with my current cable service for less than what I'm paying now. (Woo hoo! Saving money at its finest!!) He did explain the next tier just so I knew what my options were and then explained some of the shows on the additional premium channels (popular shows I'm guessing). I have two reasons for not upgrading my cable but I only gave him one -- I work a lot right now and haven't found extra time to watch much tv. He understood and we went forward with the service transfer.
My other reason, which I will divulge to you, when I do have my tv on, its pretty much stuck on 2 channels (Food Network or Bravo). Yes, I'm that lame....cooking shows and crazy reality tv.
In related news, SiriusXM Radio keeps calling me about renewing my subscription and finally after receiving multiple calls today and probably 8 calls since my free trial ended about a month ago, I told the last telemarketer she could shove that service where the sun don't shine. I'm not sure how hard it is to put a note in their system when I give them the same reason every single time they call me....no, I'm fine with regular broadcast radio or my IPod, I don't use the satellite radio in my car. I used it once during the 3 month trial period and wasn't that impressed. When I told the first girl earlier today I was not interested she blatantly hung up on me. When the second call came through when I left work just a few hours later, I was irritated and I let the second telemarketer get the same sort of courtesy the first rep gave me today. The added aggravation did fuel my evening cardio workout though!
No comments:
Post a Comment