Sunday, July 01, 2012

Well that didn't go as expected

Normally if you'd ask me what's going on in Beckley, WV, I wouldn't have a clue nor would I be really concerned about it.  Today I'm online reading the news from WVNSTV and checking the AEP website for outage updates.  Apparently there were bad storms in Beckley and the much of the rest of the state on Friday night.  So bad we have no connections to our servers, including our ever important email in our office in St. Louis and throughout the rest of our company sites.  It made for a rough morning trying to get things updated so that we can complete month-end by the close of business tomorrow and rather than working all day so that tomorrow is calm for month-end, we were only able to work a few hours doing non-system related tasks.  The good news is that I've been told our group is working to buy and install a generator so that we can at least be up and running tomorrow, but I'm not as positive as I was at the end of last week that this month-end and quarter-end is going to go as planned.
Most importantly, tonight I'm left with trying to figure out my schedule for Monday...get up extra early and head in or go in normal time and work extra late?  The one thing I know for sure right now is that I'm a ball of nerves hoping I get everything done. 
And because I'm way too worrisome for my own good most of the time, I did write out my plan for everything that needs to get done system-wise tomorrow so at least I won't forget everything still pending.

No comments: