Well, I decided to take it easy on Sunday, but since it was my birthday and I had gotten numerous automatic emails wishing me a happy birthday from the mailing lists I belong to, I went through most of those and clicked on some of the links. One I found pretty interesting...it was a sample astrology reading. Now, I'm not usually big into these things but because I just needed a break from my life for a minute, I decided to put in the necessary info and see what came out. It actually read me like a book. After entering my birth date (1/29/83) and the time of my birth (7:33 pm), it generated this report:
Section 1: How You Approach Life and How You Appear To Others
Modest, unobtrusive, and often rather quiet or shy, you are a person you is content to be in the background or to serve as an assistant, in the supporting role rather than in the lead. You are quite humble in your own assessment of yourself and you have a very strong perfectionistic attitude, with a tendency to be overly self-critical. No matter how well you do something, you always see the flaws in it and how it could be improved. Often you will simply refuse to atttempt something because you feel you cannot meet your own high standards.
Section 2: The Inner You: Your Real Motivation
You are a freedom-loving, strong-willed, and independent-minded individual, and you insist upon living your own life as you see fit, even if that means ignoring convention and tradition. In personal relationships you cannot be owned or possessed, and while you are willing to share yourself with another, you do not always adjust easily to the emotional give and take of a close relationship. Though intellectually open, you can be enormously stubborn, opinionated, and inflexible on a one-to-one level. You have strong convictions and feelings about fairness and equality, and you try to live by your ideals, but your ideals about how people SHOULD treat one another don't always take into account human weaknesses, differences, and needs. You probably dislike sentimentality and traditional gender roles and "games".
I just thought it was interesting. Anyway, yesterday was also the start of the Chinese New Year and according to the Chinese calendar this is my year. We'll see what kind of changes that brings for me too. Supposedly, a "fire" in the Year of the Dog will stimulate confidence and energy and I will make a difference no matter what cause I choose to fight for or for which underdog I reach out to. I am also sweet, warm and loving, but I won't be pushed around either. In 2006, I'll show management that I'm a leader, not just a follower and someone will appreciate my talent. (Ha! I think that just means more work for me!) As for my personal life, it says that I'm charismatic and this is my year for enduring love, but not to rush into something because my special year is 12 months long. (Haven't rushed yet - what will make me start any time soon???)
Today was back to the daily grind and it was completely crazy. Tomorrow is the deadline for getting out W-2s, 1099s and other tax documents necessary for filing taxes and I'm rushing around like an idiot trying to make sure that my company is compliant. Everything was going smoothly until my computer decided to freeze when I was almost ready to print out a batch of 1099s and I lost the files that I was working with. So rather than having a 9 or 10 hour day, my day was 12 hours long and I still had stuff to work on here at home. But, as much of a pain it was to have to redo that batch, I have a huge one to process tomorrow and I'm hoping that it runs smoothly since I'm cutting it really close this year. Tomorrow will also be crazy considering it is the last day of January and all of the monthly books need to be closed as well...hard to believe we've made it through a month of 06 already. Time is flying by!
Finally, I would like to brag about what great people I work with. As most of you know, I'm good friends with quite a few of my coworkers but today was such a surprise. Usually we take turns baking cakes for birthdays in the office but today there was a feast for me and everyone was so nice. D bought me a candle and made a carrot cake and brownies and taco dip and M bought me pink roses and everyone in the office signed a card for me. It was so thoughtful! Even with all the stress, this is why I continue to put in all the hours that I do. Call me crazy but I think it all evens out in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment