After weeks and weeks of crazy stuff going on, I finally had somewhat of a normal weekend (if there is such a thing) and its nice to see that everything is slowly falling back into place. I'm still working a ton of hours which is nothing out of the ordinary, but being able to take almost an entire weekend (minus like 2 hours) and not having to work on something for my job and just being able to enjoy the company of others was a definite relief. In fact, I might be able to stay partially sane for a few weeks longer than my previous estimate.
My week at work was spent getting tax stuff together in order to finish up the last of the 2005 reporting, working on AR reports and projections and my usual duties with cash, fuel, payables and billing. On Friday afternoon, M and I finally got to take a short break from the accounting monotony and when the two new people in billing got to our office with all of the equipment from the C-town location we got to go into our brand-spanking new office and plan out the operations and arrangements for in there. It was actually pretty exciting and we're looking forward to the move in with the rest of the administrative functions of our company although we both know that with this move we're going to have to behave ourselves a little more than what we're used to, especially since she and I have a lot of inside jokes that shouldn't get out. We'll be fine though and it will be great working all together rather than in offices that are 160 miles apart.
Friday night was our weekly outing for a happy hour and a night on the town. This week we hit Casa with a few of the other girls at work for margaritas and then because it was still early and we wanted to party we went to a Korean kareoke bar. Don't laugh because we had a blast. There was like hardly anyone in this place and we could belt it out then without feeling so self conscious. Everyone else in the bar (which was like 5 people) would get up and sing a song in Korean and then M and I and one of the other girls from work would get up and sing something like Deep Purple or Whitesnake or Journey or Bon Jovi. M also did her rendition of Killing Me Softly, which if I may say so myself was really good. We ended up closing the place down and I came home and crashed.
Saturday was a busy day of just getting caught up with errands that I needed to run and meeting up with my cousin and then my dad and then looking over the work that I brought home with me. Around 7:15 or so I talked to my buddy J to get the latest scoop from Laredo and like the week before he couldn't believe I was sitting at home on a Saturday night. He ended up convincing me that rather than staying here and doing nothing, I should go out and find some trouble. He knows me too well. ;) Of course then I had to call M and see if she wanted to get into trouble with me and come to find out she was out at one of our favorite hangouts and Dr. Zhivegas was going to be playing that night so I got ready and headed up there for another night on the town. It was a blast like always. I'm starting to get used to this going out all the time when I'm not working. Although it is nice to also have a day like today to regroup and get ready for my week ahead. I think I'm finally starting to find a balance with life and it's only taken almost 23 years -- I've got a few more personal issues to work out and then I think things will finally be set. Hopefully those will be ironed out soon enough also.
9 comments:
Deep Purple??????? The other three I could see at least a song or two. But.....Deep Purple?????? Good lord....you ARE changing!!! (lol)
Of course I'm changing...but how can you have fun without belting out Smoke on the Water after a few drinks??? It was a very eventful evening and that ended up being one of our best songs too! You'll have to come back to St. Louis soon and we'll take you to the Korean Kareoke Bar and you can experience our renditions first hand. :)
"There was like hardly anyone in this place and we could belt it out then without feeling so self conscious."
Losers. Some of us don't worry about stuff like that.
Like me, for instance. I sing and dance all over the store. Most recently, I went dancing through the store singing "Build Me Up Buttercup."
So "winner" dances through a store singing "Build Me Up Buttercup"????? No wonder you post under "anonymous" (hahaha)
My coworkers thorougly enjoy my antics. And I know I sure enjoy them.
As far as they anonymous thing goes, I just don't feel like signing up for an account. I already have the most awesome xanga ever, I don't need to take over this site too. And I just never bothered to sign my name.
So, wait for it. Wait for it.
Still waiting?
-Ryan (God)
I belted out "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban at work the other day and my coworkers thoroughly enjoyed that performance in fact there is still a buzz. My coworkers love my antics too.
1) I haven't heard of Josh Groban, so I'm just going to assume that he fits into that "musical garbage" category that you listen to so much of.
2) I actually sing good music at work. And I dance to accompany it.
3) Speaking of dancing, M's sister P got our radio taken away at work because she was blasting "Hey Ya" and dancing around. :(
1) I'm sure you've heard this song by Josh Groban...I'll belt it out for you the next time I see you just to make sure.
2) I dance at work also. My coworkers think I'm the life of the party.
3) It's not M's sister, it's her sister-in-law and that sucks that you lost your radio. We still have ours and we rock out everyday, all day! :)
1) I'm sure I'll be cringing the entire time.
2) Yes, but I have much better taste in music than you. Also, I'm a better dancer. And, I'm just all around cooler.
3) Sister, sister in law, same difference. And, I've proven that we don't need the radio. I entertain everyone anyways.
Post a Comment