2006 is finally here and so far at day 2, it's going about the same as the end of 05 did for me, but I do have to say....New Year's Eve kicked some major butt! This past New Year's Eve was the first time I actually had plans and went out somewhere to celebrate the new year. M and I decided that rather than sitting home by ourselves, we were going to have some fun so we hit a techno and hip-hop club downtown. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, but we had a great time just dancing and meeting new people. It was fun going out dancing again but I did miss my dance partner (J) so M and I called him at midnight and wished him a happy new year. We also tried to call C, but he was down in the sticks with family and either my phone wasn't getting reception or he wasn't because when M tried to talk to him she couldn't hear him so we don't know what the heck the problem especially since he could hear us. In any case, he thought the gesture was nice and wished us a happy new year when we saw him at work today. Speaking of work, today was an extremely long day. I spent most of my 11 hours trying to get everything entered into 2005 so I could close out the year and have everything ready to start fresh tomorrow. The actual closing wasn't that bad it was just doing everything to get to the point that was a little stressful. Anyway, at least I'll be set for billing down in C-town tomorrow, since I'll be down there again this week. I am kinda looking forward to another trip down there...just because of our impromptu hotel parties and run to the drive-thru liquor store. We've been doing this for about a month now and it's been nice to just get to talk and hang out with someone rather than coming home to an empty apartment. Don't get me wrong...I love living by myself, but sometimes it fun to just kick back with friends and goof off.
That's about everything so far. I spent the rest of my weekend creating 2006 spreadsheets for work. I think I created like 10 spreadsheets on Sunday and I still have like 4 or so left that I forgot about. They'll have to wait though because my brain is fried for the night. My mom and step-dad did take me out on Sunday afternoon and that was nice. We went to a place in the south city and had lunch on our way back from visiting one of my step-dad's rehabbed houses.
Finally, I would like to apologize to Shell and Tom and anyone else I haven't been able to get back to lately. I have gotten everyone's voicemails and I haven't had the time to return your calls. Hopefully everyone understands and knows that I don't mean anything by it. As soon as my schedule slows down I will have time to talk and hang out and catch up on life.
Hope everyone has a great 2006!
No comments:
Post a Comment