Well it looks as though most of my personal issues that I was left sorting out fixed themselves in the last two days. It's amazing what communication does for a few people...let's say 3 people just to have some sort of a number. But hopefully things keep moving forward and everything falls into place like it should over the next few weeks. I'm going to be positive for the time being because it's easier to get through everything that way.
My work life continues to be a mess. I'm working like crazy and just when I think I'm making progress something else comes up and I'm left sorting through the pieces and trying to take care of each situation. I was a little bummed today. I've been at this company for 6 months now, in a position that I considered fairly important until my boss introduced me to the auditors this morning. Rather than introducing me at the "Accountant" that I am, he tells them I'm his "accounting person." Perhaps this wouldn't bother anyone else, but I have worked my ass off to get the title of Accountant. Anyone can be an "accounting person" -- I have a degree and I have the experience and while I'm still young, I think I deserve the title. Hell, I'll stop working the hours I am if I'm just an "accounting person" and go back to the 40 hour week that any other accounting person would. I know I probably shouldn't get this worked up about it but it did bother me quite a bit this morning. The only thing this afternoon that helped brighten up my day was the phone calls I got from my buddy down in Laredo. He always knows what exactly to say when I'm bummed or stressed out. Actually he called to talk to the Accountant about business and collecting one of our accounts but just hearing the disappointment in my voice he was able to cheer me up. Let me tell you...when you're day is going like crap...it's always uplifting to hear that southern drawl and someone calling you Sugar or Darlin'. (Note to everyone else: Remember that when I need to be cheered up!) Anyway, I was a giddy little school girl the rest of the afternoon. M thought I had completely lost it by that point, but it provided some comic relief for her as well.
Speaking of M, she and the rest of my work friends are taking me out on Friday night to celebrate my 23rd birthday. We're hitting Westport so if ya'll are free, you're more than welcome to come join us. Time for a little bar-hopping and dancing the night away and perhaps a little Korean Kareoke. We're definitely going to live it up though! And I'm sure I will have a few stories for another post. The stories are always entertaining when our group goes out and I'm sure this time will be no different. :)
10 comments:
"M thought I had completely lost it by that point, but it provided some comic relief for her as well."
Some of us know that you've completely lost it, and we've been using you as comic relief our entire lives.
Good deal. I'm glad I can provide some entertainment to someone. You should go out with us on Friday night....I'm sure you'd be laughing your butt off at me the entire time.
"You should go out with us on Friday night."
Some of us have to work on Friday nights. =(
This is one Friday night I'm taking off...ok, I take most Friday nights off to par-tay. If you really loved me you'd tell your boss that you can't work or you'd just come out after you got off...we'll still be out kickin' it. :)
1) Cool people don't say "par-tay." You lose massive points for that.
2)I have a great time at work. Mainly because I'm ridiculously awesome.
3) Other people have fun at work because of me.
4) There are certain people at work that I'd choose to hang out with over you. :)
You should choose to hang out with me first...I'm the most important person in your life. You owe me an awesome birthday present also -- because I am the coolest person you know. Plus, I've put up with you for almost 19 years!!!
"You should choose to hang out with me first..."
Umm...no way. My people are hella cool. You're my weird older sister who uses words like "par-tay."
"I'm the most important person in your life."
You think pretty highly of yourself, don't you?
"You owe me an awesome birthday present also"
You know me, don't you? That's like the gift that keeps on giving.
"because I am the coolest person you know."
Umm...I know me, and I'm cooler than you. That alone disproves this statement.
"Plus, I've put up with you for almost 19 years!!!"
Put up with? You know you've enjoyed every minute.
Oh there have been quite a few good times....perhaps my favorite is of you and the pink high heels and camo pants and Shamu t-shirt...or sitting in our "Log Cabinet" together or any of the other crazy stuff that you've done, but you've also been a pain in the butt but I still love ya man!
Oh and hey...where's my birthday cake????
I have no shortcomings. I'm awesome at being me and everyone loves me...just check out my photobucket pics. And fine -- don't make me a birthday cake, but I'm expecting a present from you and you coming to visit is not enough of a present!
1) The fact that you have to keep bringing up that picture screams that you are desperate to cover up your own shortcomings by pointing out a less-than-proud moment in my history. It's psychology, baby. :)
2)I do much crazier stuff nowadays. And I'm fully aware of what I'm doing. That picture isn't embarassing to someone as well versed in the ways of randomness as myself.
3) I know you love me. It's rather impossible not to love me. I'm just insanely awesome.
4) I don't know where your cake is. Haven't you started baking it yet?
Post a Comment