Saturday, January 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

As promised I have a rundown of the festitivies from Friday night and I must say...my friends are freaking awesome! Last night was one of the best nights I've had out and it is only behind the nights we took J out. In any case, we started out at Patrick's for Happy Hour and to meet everyone and just started off slow. The music they were playing in there wasn't all that great but we muddled through that and waited for everyone to show up so the real party could get started. M ended up being unable to come to celebrate because her son had to have surgery yesterday afternoon, but K, D, T and S all filled in nicely for her. (Keep them all straight now...there will be a test later!) At one point, a few of us left the table and when we come back K has some guy there trying to pick her up. It was hilarious not only because the guy was completely wasted but he kept asking the same things over and over to her and she'd be friendly and nice and answer him with the same answer she told him 10 minutes prior and finally at one point she says to him, "what the hell can't you understand here....we just talked about this 5-10 minutes ago" and he still kept up with it until finally K wanted to ditch the guy and the rest of us were fed up with the crappy music so we went over to America's Pub. That is a happening place on Friday night and we ended up having a lot of fun in there! First off, we were looking for a good place to dance and while it got off kind of slow when we made it in there at 9, the place started getting going a little after that. K and I were the first two to hop onto the dance floor basically because if I didn't start moving the alcohol was just going to soak up in my system and I'd feel completely wasted in no time and I didn't want that to happen, especially since I have to work today still. Once we got out there neither one of us could stop laughing -- there was a group of guys probably pretty close to my age but they were doing the Justin Timberlake and N'Sync moves from a few years ago and it was funny as hell. It was like a dance off between like 4 guys and it made the evening more entertaining than it already was. Also at one point, K and I decided that we should go up to the DJ to see if he could play something so we could rock out. The DJ put on Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" for us and we got everyone out on the dance floor then. See it just takes a little bit of classic rock to get the party pumping and from that time on, most of us stayed out on the dance floor for the rest of the night. I did miss my dance partner out there though and since he couldn't make it up here to celebrate, K and D decided to find me another one. There was this really hot guy dancing behind us and he did have some pretty good moves and D says to me, "you need to ask him to dance with you." Well of course, I was too chicken to do that, so a little bit later, I see K walk over and say something to him and next thing you know, I have a new dance partner. He danced with me pretty much the rest of the time I was there which was cool, but I still missed J and C for that matter since he was out of town and couldn't join in on our little party. Leaving Westport was the real comedy though. Most of us parked in close to the same part of the parking lot but when it's dark and there are tons of cars out there its really not that easy to find your car. K and I walked around that parking lot for about 10 minutes hitting the remotes for our cars hoping that one of them would beep and neither did until we were like directly in front of them. So much for panic buttons! It was an awesome night though and I'm so happy to have such great friends -- they made the evening a blast for me and one of the best birthdays ever! Thanks a bunch everyone!
Also, while I'm thinking of it, I would like thank J. I was at the copy machine at work at about 3 minutes to 5 yesterday afternoon and K yelled over to me that J was on line 33 for me and it was extremely important for him to talk to me before we left for Westport. Thinking I screwed something up and but also being excited to hear from him, I started turning weird colors in front of K and D and one of the other dispatchers who was sitting out in our operations area. I picked up the phone and tried to be as professional as I could be and on the other end of the line I hear, "hey girl, I just called to tell you happy birthday since I won't get to talk to you on Sunday and have a good time out tonight. I wish I was up there to celebrate with you but behave yourself anyway." I couldn't believe that all the way in Laredo, Texas he remembered my birthday -- what a guy! No wonder he's my bestest buddy!

Anyway, now I'm off to work for a few hours to get caught up on a few things and to get reports out to my bosses since I didn't have time last night. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"it just takes a little bit of classic rock to get the party pumping"

This is what I have been saying for years.

Also, I was momentarily proud when I read this. But then I remembered that you like Maroon 5 and Kenny Chesney (among others) and I was immediately disappointed again.

Also, happy birthday.

Lindsay said...

You should be proud of me. Really I'm not that much of a disappointment...I like all sorts of music.

And thanks for the birthday wishes! I love you man! You're my favorite bro! Next time you have a day off come back over and visit me...it was fun seeing you on Saturday.