Sunday, December 02, 2012

This girl can never have too many shoes

Even though today is Sunday, I spent nearly my entire day at work prepping for month-end close tomorrow.  Both of my facilities have to be closed by the end of business tomorrow and since nearly my entire Friday was spent working on a 6 month cash projection for our treasury team, I didn't have time to prepare the way I normally would on the last day of the month.  To top it off, some of the strangest bottlenecks popped up and had to be dealt with before we rolled into the new month.  I do feel like I got a lot accomplished today but I know tomorrow will still be extremely busy and long.
It's crazy to think there is less than 30 days left in 2012.  The year passed in a complete blur....well the last 8 months have at least.  While 2012 started off rocky, I'm going to try to enjoy this last month as much as possible.  Speaking of which, once month-end is complete, this week is jam-packed.  Tuesday afternoon me and D. Rob are headed on an overnight business trip with one of our customers.  This is exciting on many levels for me.  First being that I actually get to go to the field and take a tour of 2 of our locations and one of these is actually a facility I handle all of the sales accounting for; secondly, we're having dinner with these customers and its my first chance of actually getting to experience this and finally, we're staying at the company house, which I've heard is spectacular.
Later in the week is our company holiday party and because I work with the greatest group, we're planning our own celebration on top of the party.  Thank goodness one of the work fam lives just blocks away from the venue, giving us the opportunity to pre- and post-party downtown.

We have a family Christmas party with my extended family over the weekend and then it's getting down to the nitty gritty for shopping, wrapping and getting in the Christmas spirit.  I have to find the time to go out shopping with my Mom and Michael again before it gets too late.  I did give Mom an idea today of what to get me for Christmas and believe it or not, it's not something I ever thought I'd be asking for and she really couldn't believe it either.
One of my wish list items this year....steel-toed boots.

For a girl who wears heels, nearly 365 days a year, these actually are becoming a necessity.  Twice now I've had to borrow MW's wife's shoes.  If I keep it up, I'm fairly certain she's gonna start charging me rent on them.  :)

No comments: