Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Recap

With 6 out of the last 7 days off of work, why don't I put this time to use and give a recap of my Christmas.  Given how much this time of the year typically stresses me out, I was somewhat glad to have some extra time to prepare, especially since I had my Mom and Michael over for Christmas Eve.
So without further ado, here is my Christmas 2012 photo dump:

Christmas Eve Dinner - Garlic & Herb Pork Loin, Roasted Potatoes & Veggies

Christmas Eve Dessert - Whipped Chocolate Cheesecake

Present from Mom & Michael - Hot Sauces from Around the World

Dad's Gift from Ryan -- Ever Seen the Movie Paul?!? (It's Dad's Fav)

My present to Bro - Wool Peacoat

Remember when I asked for this? Santa Dad brought it!

Pepper Mill from my Aunt & Uncle - I'm modeling like on the Price is Right!

Nicole wearing one of her presents

Em getting into her tunes!

Annual Sibling Christmas Pic

My Appetizer for Christmas Day - Pepperoni Pizza Roll












Overall, I had a successful Christmas Eve night with my Mom and Michael and a relaxing Christmas Day at my Aunt and Uncle's house with my Dad, Bro and my cousins.  I was also able to take the day after Christmas off -- that typically never happens and while it was nice not to have to get up super early to head into work, I definitely paid for the extra time off when I got back to work yesterday.  It was a 12 hour day trying to get everything back in order for the end of the month and really the end of the year.  I toyed with the idea of stopping in for a bit today, but after careful consideration and a push from the work fam, I decided to keep today as a day off and just bust my butt next week.  (I do believe a deal was struck too and someone offered to help load my trains and barges from today and the weekend first thing on Monday morning.  I may or may not hold him to that!  LOL)
As far as the rest of the weekend goes, I'm playing it by ear and we'll see what kind of plans I come up with for New Years' Eve.  I have so many thoughts and ideas but we'll see what exactly pans out.
Hope you had a fantastic holiday and are enjoying this last week of 2012!

No comments: