![]() |
| How do you like our coveralls & hard hats? |
I'm exhausted and I was quite dirty when I got home this afternoon but most of all, I'm far more appreciative of all of the hard work each of the employees puts in and the risk that they take when they head underground every day to produce the commodity that also allows me to earn my living.
Above is a pic D. Rob and I had taken with all of our gear on before we headed underground. Not only were our coveralls heavy but we had to wear industrial boots and our CSE SR-100 breathing apparatus, which when walking down a panel to observe operations, made for quite the journey.
Overall, I'm grateful that I was able to take this trip out of the office and meet some very important customers who hopefully will expand their business with us. And I'm also hoping that since this trip was a successful one, our boss will let us visit other locations in the near future. Our customers also had such a good time with our hospitality that they offered to let D. Rob and I take a tour of their facilities as well....I think we can definitely call this trip a success.
Btw, Tuesday night after dinner I also introduced the guys to the wonderful world of Food Network and more specifically Chopped. Who would have though 3 guys and me would sit in the company house watching 2 hours of Chopped competitions on the projection tv in recliners?
Not I, said the Sales Accountant with a love of cooking, baking and everything food related.

2 comments:
I just have safety glasses and earplugs.
I never really realized how much equipment was necessary to go underground. I'm glad I'm in the corporate office most days and definitely thankful for our employees that do so that I do have a job.
Post a Comment