Friday, June 29, 2012

Braving the Heat


 
"We're having a heat wave....a tropical heat wave."  -- Grumpy Old Men version

Over and over I'm singing that to myself and while STL may not be anywhere close to the tropics nor is this  heat tropical.  Those two pics above sum up summer in St. Louis so far.  We've had 2 days of over 100 degree weather so far and at least another week of this craziness is on tap!  I was shocked to see the 111*F on my car dash yesterday on the ride home and tonight the gage read 106*F.  And while I've never really been one to complain about how warm it is and usually I'm one that enjoys the heat but after walking to grab lunch with my work fam the last few days, I can say I definitely agree, it's oppressively hot out there!!

Tomorrow I'm braving that afternoon sauna and attending the Cards-Pirates game with my Bro.  Really though, the only way you could find me catching the game in this heat is with these seats...in the air-conditioned and fully catered area of the ballpark known as The Champions Club.  I was super lucky to get the tickets from work and I decided why not turn it into another installment of Sibling Saturday, so off to Busch Stadium we go!  I'm excited for the game and spending time with my Bro while Ryan is ready for the unlimited nachos, hotdogs and beverages.  (Baseball has never really been his game, but he's a trooper for his Sis!  Thanks Bro!!)  Definitely looking forward to a great summer afternoon and I'm just hoping I don't melt on the 2 block walk from the parking garage to the stadium gates!

Hope you're staying cool out there!

No comments: