Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moving update

One month and counting until moving day, but it's becoming quite apparent why I've lived here for 7 years....I'm not a fan of packing.  I've started with the parts of my apartment I know I can live without for the next 30 days and I've also started a pile for things I'm planning on donating to Goodwill.  The boxes are starting to pile up and I'm getting close to the point where I can build a fort in my living room.  It may seem odd to be focusing on so much so early but with having to work next weekend to complete month-end by the following Monday morning and then not really knowing what is on tap for the 3 weeks, I figured I'd better get a move on it.
My goal is to be completely moved out on the Saturday of moving weekend and unpacking at the new place in the afternoon and the next day.  I made a trip to my new gym location last Friday night and found myself at home in the facility.  I think it will fit much better into my routine than my current situation since I'm driving out of the way to the only location that is reasonably close to my apartment right now (it was only a few minutes from my last two jobs, now I'm going in the opposite direction).
I'm nearly ready to get this show on the road....not that I'm wishing my summer away but the anticipation of the new place is killing me!

As for the rest of this week, Dad, Bro and I are hitting the concert scene Friday night.  REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent are coming to town and Bro and I thought it would be fun to treat Dad to a night out.  Then more packing, packing, packing and hopefully a few minutes to chill.  I feel like I've been going a mile a minute for weeks.

2 comments:

Shell said...

I'll need your new address, and you'll need to email me and let me know when you're free so we can chat and catch up!

Lindsay said...

I will do both here soon Shell. It's been crazy with work and packing. I'm not sure how you packed up everything to move around the world, I'm having issues with packing to move 20 miles! :)