I still don't feel all that great but thank goodness I have a weekend to recover a bit. I ended up feeling so yucky the last few days that I came home early from work on both Thursday and Friday, which is something I NEVER do, no matter how awful I feel. But, I finally decided to give up my fight and just take care of myself before it got any worse. Plus I can't let this linger either, especially with all of the stuff coming up in the next two weeks.
I think the combination of the weather going from highs in the 80-90s to highs in the 50-60s in a matter of days had something to do with it along with the fact that everyone else has been passing stuff around at work for the last month.
It's times like this that I wish I worked in my own little bubble or at least had the option of working from home when I felt it necessary.
Because my head is not fully with it at the moment, I've decided to just throw out other random facts from this week --
- Dairy Queen emailed me their Blizzard of the Month Flavor -
Looked delicious, so I went to check out the nutrition facts for this yummy treat -- umm, yeah, not ordering one of these ever again! The mini (which I could eat like 5 of those) has 14 grams of fat (10 grams saturated) and 370 calories. The calories alone would equal a meal for me and I'm sure I'd still want dinner after this treat.
- Speaking of pumpkin, my dad picked up two cans of pure pumpkin for me to cook and bake with this fall and I'm very excited at the possibility of using it. Who knows, I might try to make my own healthier Pumpkin Pie Blizzard with some of it! Pumpkin was hard to come by last year due to a bad harvest, so he made sure as soon as it was shelved at his store he grabbed a few. Thanks Dad!
- On the Dad front, I called him Thursday night just to check in and see how his week was coming along. We chatted about our normal weekly events and then started talking about football and how well the Rams played against the Redskins. My dad tells me that on my lunch hours, I should go visit Rams Park, which is conveniently located across the street from our office. I asked him why and his response was -- "Sam Bradford is worth about $50 million right now and your cute, you could nab him in a second."
I just laughed. Don't want to break it to my dad that I don't think Sam Bradford would go for it nor would Broccoli be to thrilled that I'm trying to nab a quarterback at lunch time. LOL
- I went to dinner with some of my girlfriends the other night and we reminisced about our dear friend Sherri and our lake trips. Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of losing her to breast cancer. It's still hard to believe that she's not here enjoying life. With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I urge you or for my male readers, urge all of the important women in your life to be aware of the importance of early breast cancer detection.
I believe that's all the randomness for now. Hope you're having a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment