Finally, a day to just say, "Ah, I think I'm gonna take it easy."
It's been go-go-go here for quite some time and today, I decided to just spend the day at home enjoying the peace and quiet and awesome fall weather.
Even though there isn't much on the agenda for Sunday, here are some high points from the weekend --
* 2 date nights with Broccoli after I dealt with a highly stressful week. Cooking dinner together Friday night was not only a lot of fun as we compared cooking notes from Alton Brown but it also provided some much needed comic relief.
* Working at my side Accounting gig yesterday and finally getting all pending items cleaned up. DH and I have been trying to accomplish this since I went back to work for him in April. It's a huge relief for me that his books are up to date and that we'll actually be ready for the end of the year when it rolls around in 10 weeks time.
* Rams winning their 3rd game of the season by beating the San Diego Chargers 20-17 today!! Woo hoo!!!
This actually might help me in my football picks for the week considering I was the only one to have faith in my guys. Also, I love Steven Jackson's comment after the blood bath they took last Sunday in Detroit --
"Sometimes you need a butt-whippin' to let you know where you really are."
Yes, Steven, I totally know what you mean, happens for me in the corporate world on a regular basis too.
* Jamie McMurray scoring another victory at Charlotte last night. (Ironically, I missed the race and ultimately his win.) But, it made me smile to see this when I checked the results earlier today --
Yet, I'm still wondering why the heck the guy who won the two biggest races of the year and has continued to prove himself with decent finishes all season isn't in the Chase???
(NASCAR officials, if you are reading this post and some of my previous comments on the topic, please fix the points system for next season.)
* Finding out that one of my favorite Food Network personalities has a new book coming out in less than a month. YES!!! Claire Robinson is releasing 5 Ingredient Fix based on her show and I'm thinking this cookbook presents the perfect opportunity for a personal challenge. Haven't totally come up with a plan of action yet, but there are a few things milling around in my head. :)
* Topping off my weekend is the fact that both The Next Iron Chef and Iron Chef America have new episodes premiering tonight. And since I've made this a day of rest (well, besides the two hours at the gym this morning), you will find me on the couch absorbing all I can about great chefs and interesting cooking techniques.

No comments:
Post a Comment