Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy day

I definitely didn't take it easy today, which might cost me when I head back to work tomorrow, but I'll take my chances and hope to goodness that I can at least manage to tread water for another 5 days.

Cooking has definitely been a therapy for me today.

Wanna see what I've been up to?
I wrote and posted a few of my recipes to contests online --
Seafood Creole
Sauteed Chicken with Creamy Garlic Sauce
Peaches and Cream Smoothie
Made a healthy and yummy meal for my Monday lunch date from my sauteed chicken recipe --
Sauteed chicken with creamy garlic sauce, smashed potatoes and green beans

Planned and prepared my lunches for the week -- 
Monday: Parmesan zucchini and a fruit medley
Tuesday: Sauteed chicken and roasted veggies
Wednesday: Veggie pizza and a tomato salad
Thursday: Sauteed chicken and steamed broccoli
Friday: Fruit and yogurt parfait and veggies with southwest dip

This is all in between catching the NASCAR Sprint Cup race (still bothered that McMurray didn't make it into the Chase), watching the Rams fall short and lose to the Raiders and tuning in to numerous cooking shows for further inspiration, surfing the web for further recipe research and dinner ideas and trying to absorb a few chapters out of the book I started reading yesterday.

Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

No comments: