Friday, September 03, 2010

3 Day Weekends are the Best!

We've made it to September and I have another 3 day weekend!  Woo hoo!  It's just exactly what I needed right now!!
Besides a few celebrations on Saturday and some side Accounting work, I think I'll plan on some major relaxation during the remainder of my time off.

Saturday is the big Arch Rivals game here in the Lou -- Mizzou vs Illinois.  My boss is throwing a Mizzou game day party on Saturday at his house along with a last push party for the slumping St. Louis Cardinals.  I plan on stopping in for a bit mid-afternoon before I attend a friend's wedding.
One of my best friends from my college days is getting married on Saturday and the reception is later in the evening.  It's crazy to think about Joe getting married!  We have been Blues hockey buddies and he and I got through some silly times together when we were in college years ago.  I'm very happy for him and his fiancee and I wish them a lifetime of happiness together.

As of right now, I have nothing formally planned for Sunday and Monday besides a couple hours of Accounting for another friend's business and a few good workouts at the gym and considering the next few weekends will probably be booked with other family and social events, I'll take the free time with no complaints!  This may just be the perfect time for me to do more cooking research and recipe creations.  Who knows, I might even come up with a spectacular idea for another food competition!

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable Labor Day weekend!

No comments: