Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just Breathe

The past week at work was nearly unbearable.  Business has somehow skyrocketed in the past few weeks and it finally hit my workload.  Both my Accounting and HR/payroll positions required my full attention and I couldn't offer it to either one.  It was extremely strange, given that this week is usually the week I fly through numerous projects and even have the time to help my department get caught up, but by this Friday morning, I just about convinced myself that maybe I was no longer cut out for the craziness of the corporate world.

Of course there is a silver lining to most obstacles I face when it comes to dealing with work and nearly all of it involves that boost of confidence.  A quick phone call at lunch time on Friday was the start, even though I wouldn't admit that at the time and then a relaxing dinner at home topped it off.  After dinner, I decided to hit the gym for a mind-freeing workout.  It's amazing what one hour of cardio can do to clear my head and help me de-stress.

I'm still not 100% certain what I want to do in regards to work and I thought that I'd have a better idea after stepping back and spending my weekend at home taking care of my household stuff and spending time with my favorite people.  I know there are some things that are only going to get worse unless I speak up, but right now I'm hoping to steer clear of any major transitions.  For now, I think I'm gonna hold on tight and see what the new week brings and act on one of my options as I see fit.

No comments: