My chicken burritos were a hit at lunch today AND I made what was declared the best batch of brownies ever!! (Previously, my brownies were ranked in the top 3 of all time for one of my co-workers. This time there was a general consensus that these were the absolute greatest.) It's definitely nice to know that my cooking and baking is appreciated and enjoyed.
I tested out another new recipe tonight for tomorrow's promised lunch with Coco. In the words of Rachel Ray, it's more of a chicken and veggie stoop instead of a soup or stew but it was simple enough to make, while being extremely healthy and flavorful.
I've been intrigued with cooking and baking in between trying to catch up on the latest food programs on tv and I've been inspired to keep pushing the envelope with new flavor combinations and even healthier dishes. We've joked that I should apply for one of the many cooking contests on Food Network but I know better than that. For me, this has been a fun and creative outlet and an enjoyable hobby. I'd probably be the biggest disaster on a set -- wait, that might make for good entertainment, maybe I should reconsider. Nah....not unless I can take my food supporters with me to cheer me on and keep me sane through the challenges. :)
In other news, I finally won Cardinals tickets at work today and I'm able to go to the game on Saturday! Cardinals and Cubs in STL on a Saturday afternoon...woo hoo!! Doesn't get much better than that!
I owe a tremendous amount of thanks to SS for drawing my name. Thanks SS, you're the best! Hopefully I won't let you down and I'll bring home a winner!
No comments:
Post a Comment