I should be at the gym right now, but because of a dumb mishap on my part on Tuesday night, I forced myself to take the night off. Ok, it really might not be all my fault, but I can't blame the trainer that showed Coco a few new tricks to help tone the abs now, can I?
I actually was quite pleased with my effort this week. I was going to work out Monday through Thursday and then quite possibly pick up a weekend day if I felt up to it. Nothing too crazy, but not completely slacking off either. This schedule would also allow me one day next week to set up dinner plans with a friend if I so chose to (which in the back of my mind, I thought I would do) and not feel too bad for actually eating out and giving up a workout.
I went Monday night and did my normal hour long cardio and then came home and worked on core; Tuesday, I did a half an hour of cardio and then Coco and I decided to work out together. She met with a trainer last week who showed her a few new moves to add to her gym routine. So we thought we'd try those out together along with adding in a few things my trainer showed me when I worked out with him last year. I was fine while working out, I was actually enjoying the new stuff and having fun mixing in the old stuff.
Well, that darn Bosu ball got me. I'm not used to crunches on that thing and I guess I got a bit carried away wanting amazing abs by summer and pulled the muscles in my lower back. Really, I wasn't too bothered by it until yesterday morning and as the day progressed, it got a bit worse. I still was not about to give up a workout though, so I decided to go again last night and work out with TL. I got on my stride elliptical and he worked out on the machine next to me, we laughed and joked but I could still feel some pain. After 30 minutes, I was done. I came home and took it easy the rest of the night.
Yeah...this morning, I could barely walk without totally grimacing in pain. Then, me being the complete doofus I am, decided to wear 4 inch heels to work with my cute skirt and sweater...let me tell you, not too smart when you already are having back pain issues. Probably would not have been so bad if I could have sat at my desk all day, but today, like most days, I was up and about in the office. I teased the guys in the office to push me around in my rolly chair, but really, that was not an option today or really any day for that matter. SS saw me almost in tears and was extremely awesome, bringing me an Aleve so that I didn't completely break down. (Something I've done a bit of lately.)
As the day went on, it did start loosening up, but I still didn't want to chance it. Although for one split second, I thought I could make it better by working out. Finally around 4, I decided that sometimes it's just better to come home and relax and tonight was going to be that kind of night. I just hope that it's feeling 100% better tomorrow.
As for Coco's trainer, I am going to blame him a bit too because his philosophy is all work and no play and well, I just don't think I can go along with that. I'm not that intense about the gym and working out. I work out to be able to have fun. As soon as I found out that he told her no drinking and no eating anything that is not organic and full of vitamins and minerals, I was not a fan. Sure, I keep a healthy diet most of the time, but there has to be some wiggle room for fun. Plus, I could never give up my marshmallow addiction or nights at Bellacino's. :)
My mental notes for now are be a bit wiser when it comes to working out and definitely be smarter when it comes to my fashion. Of course, I will say, I was complimented for my outfit today, so maybe being in a little pain is worth it. Heh...jk!
Have a great night and a fantastic weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment