Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Milk-a-what?

Think I can get by with this?

Lindsay Lohan Suing E-Trade for Milkaholic "Parody"

MINEOLA, N.Y. – Lindsay Lohan is feuding with the E-Trade babies.
The actress has filed a $100 million lawsuit claiming a television ad for the Wall Street firm that aired durning the Super Bowl and Olympics was modeled after her.
Talking babies in the ad engage in chatter that refers to "milkaholic Lindsay." The 23-year-old actress has famously sought substance abuse treatment.  Lohan's name was never mentioned. But her New York lawyer contends that "Lindsay" is an equally recognizable moniker for her client — like that of Oprah or Madonna.
Lohan's legal team is seeking an injunction to stop future airings.
An E-Trade spokeswoman is declining to comment.

My only comment -
Lindsay Lohan, get over yourself!  You're nowhere near as popular as Oprah or Madonna and there are plenty more before you that were given this name (like me!) and there will be plenty more after your sorry career is over.
We all laughed when the commercial was played at the Super Bowl party and after seeing this article today, I laughed again.  Milk-a-what?

Yeah, I'm a Lindsay and quite proud.  Plus, I'm cooler than her any day!  Good job E-Trade!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing when I read that article...
"I saw Cher."
"Really?!"

"I saw Lindsay."
"Lindsay who?"

Shouldn't you be suing too?

Lindsay said...

Yes, I thought about that Joel.

What might be even better is having my parents sue hers for lack of originality and stealing my name. I'll keep you posted on when we find the time to start that claim and the outcome. :)