Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How awesome is this!?!

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at my desk, working on one of my many Monday to-do's when the President of the Company buzzes my phone.  I answer nonchalantly and wonder what kind of project he needs completed. and have my pen and paper ready to write down the details of his request. 

He asks just one question -- "Remember 'so and so' (I'm protecting his name for now) from the Blues a few years back?"
My response, "Oh yeah, he was one of my favorites."
His next comment, "Well, give it 30 seconds and he'll be walking into my office.  If you want to catch a glimpse, walk out to Operations."

So I hang up and walk out to Operations, taking one of my other female co-workers with me so I don't look like a total goof just standing around in the middle of the office.  Of course, the guys in Ops look at me like I have 10 heads because I never just mosey out there mid-day and definitely not with another co-worker on a busy Monday afternoon.
Sure enough, a few seconds pass and 'so and so' walks into my boss' office.  The guys just look at me and laugh and I assure them that it is who they think it is.

Come to find out....'so and so' owns a company that we're going to start doing business with and he came in to bring his completed vendor paperwork to the President. 
Tomorrow he's coming back in and signing autographs.  You can bet I've got my Blues jersey out and ready!  I know that only my boss would be able to pull off something this spectacular.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A: Why did you not contact me!!!
B: If it's Al MacInnis, I'll strangle you.

Lindsay said...

Don't worry Joel, I'll post full details after his visit!
One good thing for me, it's not MacInnis. Whew, I live another day. :)