Over the past 4 days I've logged 4.5 hours in at the gym and I didn't even get to go last night because of a work happy hour commitment, but I'm feeling good and I'm getting toned and nothing could be better than that! I'm loving the gym and my trainer has done wonders for me in the two nights that I was able to meet with him. Note to anyone else working to become a physical trainer: the more motivational you are in the introductory session the more willing people like me are willing to pay for the additional services at the gym. The first night my trainer really inspired me to keep pushing through the rough parts of the workout and he focused on what was really important to me. He also complimented me for never giving up during my session and working through everything he threw my way, but I think he realized that I'm the kind of person that when I put my mind to something I will not give up and call it quits. I'm definitely excited to meet with him again on Tuesday. I'm budgeting now to see if I can afford the one-on-one sessions for at least a few more months and that way I'm 100% ready for when swimsuit season rolls around! Don't get me wrong, all of my measurements were really impressive but I really want to know that besides the fact that I'm mostly skinny now, I am also fit, trim and healthy. I want to look into the mirror and like my abs, arms and legs and not think, "wow, my ____ could use some work." And eventually, I know I will get to that point.
The gym has also given me back a little peace of mind as I am able to spend some quality time thinking and getting out any of the pressure and tension I'm faced with day in and day out. Nothing could be greater than knowing I'm relieving some of the stress of my daily life.
It may seem like I'm gloating a bit about how great my decision to join the gym has been but I'm just very happy with the way my life it working out right now. I'm still trying to find that balance between my personal life (both having fun and taking care of myself) and work but I think I'm heading down the right path and I'm enjoying the experiences along the way.
Right now though I'm going to go find something to do to enjoy my weekend off!! Catch ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment