Monday, January 26, 2009

Beer Pong, Baby Showers & A Birthday

Winter is officially upon us here in the Lou. We're expected to get 4-6 inches of snow tonight and another few inches tomorrow during the day. Ugghh! Definitely not what I want right now. Let's hope that the morning commute is a somewhat decent one. I need to get to work on time and safely. I also need to get to the gym tomorrow night for my personal training session.

Speaking of the gym, my workout is going great! I'm slowly settling into a routine and I'm enjoying the time I'm spending getting fit. I'm also finding that the time I'm working out is allowing me to think and de-stress a bit which is something I've needed to do for quite some time. I joked with my trainer tonight that I'll be ready for swimsuit season in no time if I keep up this pace!! :)

I ended up having a really good weekend as well. Saturday I went to the gym for a few hours and then relaxed for a bit before going to MO's for a quarters/beer pong party. The party was AWESOME!! I had a blast joking around and just shooting the bull with all of my friends. SS and I owned some of the others playing beer pong, MO and I serenaded the crowd with karaoke and M and I ended up leg wrestling just for the hell of it. I think I provided comic relief most of the night too just by letting loose and having fun and showing a side of me that usually only my close friends see. I also have to thank my great friends for looking out after me and making sure that I got home in one piece.

Sunday was a bit rough. I got up feeling extremely hungover and sore. I had to be to my mom's early to do my laundry before we had to leave for a baby shower for my cousin Mary. I was in no mood for doing anything but I got my butt in gear and got everything accomplished before we ventured out at noon. The shower went very well. Mary got a lot of great stuff that I'm sure will be put to good use here in the next month and a half. Probably the hardest thing for me to realize was that she is actually pregnant and having a kid of her own. I always think back to a few years ago when we were strolling around town and just having a blast as teenagers and young adults. It also got me to thinking about my own age and where I'm at with my life. In a few short days, I will be closer to 30 than to 20. Whoa!! On Thursday, I hit the big 2-6. I never thought of myself at this age and I'm not exactly sure what I want to accomplish before I turn 27. I know I'm satisfied with my personal life and my position at work, but what else makes me tick? I guess that is one thing I need to think about and make certain aspects of my life more of a priority this year.

But first things first...it's time to celebrate!! We've planned a happy hour for Thursday night after work and I'm sure I'll celebrate with my family over the weekend, as long as the pork steaks are in season. HA! (Inside joke between my mom and I from a conversation we had driving home from the baby shower yesterday. I can say that I'm such a dork every now and again.) Sunday is also Super Bowl and I've been invited a party for that, so it will be a busy weekend once again.

Hope you have a terrific week! I'll be sure to update after all of the festivities. :)

No comments: