Sunday, April 02, 2006

Who am I becoming???

There is a reason why I haven't updated in well over a week and that reason is that really the only time that I have spent any time at my place I have been asleep or I've come home to change clothes and head back out. I think in the last two weeks I have gone out 6 nights for either happy hours or parties with friends...and that is just not me (ok, it's the new me). The other nights I've spent extra hours at work trying to get caught up with the new policies and procedures we have put into place. I do have a few good stories from this past week though.
Last weekend ended up being a lot of fun. Friday M and I hit a few spots around town with our co-workers and then went to Syberg's. The band there was amazing...I think I'm going to become their groupie. The bass player was a hottie and reminded me of Josh.
Saturday M and I hit a bar in Brentwood to celebrate her sister's boyfriend's birthday and then we drove out to Wildwood for another party, only to miss the people at that party and by the time I got home it was pretty late.
Tuesday night we went out for D's last day at our company. We went to HotShots after work and that was a nice release after my AR meeting that afternoon. Even though this was the second week for our meetings, I was still nervous and especially with C sitting right across from me rather than on a conference call from Laredo. But, I got through my meeting and I think we're making a little bit of progress. We'll see for sure after this Tuesday when I apply a somewhat large payment from one of our main customers. C made the comment that I'm becoming quite fiesty with taking care of the past dues and he knows I definitely want to try to make a difference.
Thursday ended up being a pretty good time too. Actually M and I were minding our own business working late when the owner of the company came in with the President after he came into town for a meeting. We got to talking and he told me what my goals should be for collecting AR and helping billing. M and I got back to working on our project while they went to talk in the President's office but around 7 or so they told us that they were going for drinks at one of our favorite hangouts and that if we wanted to we could join them. This was so awesome! I thought it was a perfect opportunity to mingle with the big shots again and we took them up on the offer. We made small talk while we were out having drinks and then they invited us to go have dinner. Since C was craving steak, the 5 of us hit a Japanese steakhouse. The night ended up being a blast -- I caught a piece of shrimp in my mouth when the chef launched it in my direction (the only one at the table who was able to do it also!), the owner of the company spit water at me when the president asked M what the key was for a long successful marriage and everyone was joking about my age, but I will say they are impressed as well!
Friday we hit HotShots again for another happy hour with our work bunch and then finally I was able to take my step-dad and mom out for dinner last night for my step-dad's birthday. We went for Mexican and celebrated with margaritas. I had a lot of fun...my parents sure know how to kick it! Anyway, I got home and pretty much crashed. Today was the kind of day where I would have loved to stay home but I'm actually glad I didn't because of the horrible storms this afternoon. We're getting back into the time of the year where tornadoes are a major factor and today was a good example of that. The weather changed drastically this afternoon and within a 10 minute gap the temperature dropped 20 degrees. Thank goodness my mom has a basement in her house otherwise I would have been freaking out. Luckily there was no real damage besides a few shingles coming off of the house and some of the soffits falling off.
Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone at work, but I think with working a few hours on Saturday morning, I will have a little less pressure on me than most Mondays. Granted, I say that now and tomorrow will end up being a complete disaster. In any case, I'm going to take these last few hours and go relax and try to clear my mind a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"then finally I was able to take my step-dad and mom out for dinner last night for my step-dad's birthday."

That sounds like a really crappy time. I'd have rather scooped out my eyeballs with sporks than be there with them.


"my parents sure know how to kick it!"

They also know how to be complete asses, overreact, knock out someone's teeth, lie to the police about it and then continually call me and act like there's absolutely nothing wrong with what they did. I guess they're pretty friggin' talented.

Anonymous said...

Also, I just noticed this:

"Thank goodness my mom has a basement in her house otherwise I would have been freaking out."

I would have made her (And Baldy McJackass) stand outside and hold on to a metal pole.