Thursday, November 15, 2018

Almost six weeks!!!




I completely missed out on a 4 weeks/one month post but we've had a lot going on and I've spent no time near a computer over the last few weeks. Who knew such a little person could keep me on my toes nearly 24 hours a day?!?
In any case, we're all doing well and I'm happy to report that Kinny is finally starting to become more comfortable around her brother. I think she realizes now he's not a toy and he's here to stay. She's become more protective around him and every so often will let me know when he needs something by finding me and meowing quite loudly until I stop what I'm doing to go check on him. She also sits by him intently when he's playing on his play mat each day.


Speaking of the play mat, this is Declan's absolute favorite toy right now. He loves the lights and music and has a blast swinging his arms and kicking his legs. Our days are spent with quite a bit of time on the mat, along with listening to other tunes and reading.
We've not ventured out a whole lot due to the ugly cold weather we've experienced along with the fact that we're heading into flu season but we did take a trip to visit daycare centers and to PetSmart to shop for Kinny and also doctor's appointments for both Declan and Mommy. After contacting multiple daycare and learning centers for availability we finally registered Declan at a great facility. He won't start until I go back to work in January but I'm glad we've got him locked in. I had no idea it would be so difficult to find a spot for him. Our area is so populated that out of the 10 places we contacted only 2 had spots in January. One place even told me they wouldn't have any openings until November 2019! With that I just laughed....I guess I should have checked into daycare centers before I was even pregnant!
Declan had his one month checkup and is growing like crazy!
His one month stats:
Weight - 8 lbs 14.6 oz (22%)
Length - 22.75 inches (94%)
Head circumference - 36.75 cm (32%)


I went to the doctor for my postpartum checkup and have healed since childbirth. I've been cleared to get back to my regular workouts (yes!) and the doctor even suggested I have the occasional beer in order to help my milk production. Crazy that I need to drink in order to breastfeed but I've struggled with my milk production and beer seems to help increase it. I'm still hoping I am able to get my supply up before I head back to work. I'm also working diligently to get off the last 11 lbs I gained while pregnant.

Speaking more about the weather, we've had a strange fall so far. We've had a couple of small snows this November and today takes the cake. We have about 6 inches on the ground as I type this with more coming. It's enough snow that Daddy took a "snow day" and is working from home in his office. While Declan isn't old enough to appreciate a snow day, we're going to take a few pics inside with the snow behind him later on to note the occasion. He does look adorably cute in his hat and mittens!


Other than that, we're getting ready for Thanksgiving and decorating the house for Christmas. I'm so excited to share the holidays with our sweet bundle of joy!

No comments: