10 days ago I married my best friend. It's been 10 whole days....so crazy! And so far we're enjoying marital bliss!!
Since our marriage license came in the mail yesterday, I was able to officially change my name today! Yay!! Maybe people will stop calling me by my last name when they address me in an email.
Who wants to bet that I'll still get called by my last name since it's also similar to a man's first name just with an S on the end?!? It'll happen I'm sure...
We had a few issues arise about a week beforehand (not us, others who tried to complicate our pending nuptials) but everything happened nearly perfectly and it is the best day of my life! There is nothing that could top the feeling I had all day long. While the STL can sometimes be extremely brutal weather-wise in August, the day was mostly comfortable. Sure, it was hot taking photos in the middle of the afternoon outside in Forest Park but I wouldn't have changed it for the world!
I could go on and on about everything but let's just say, we had by far the greatest bridal party ever! Our group was a combination of both of our families and longtime friends and from what I could tell, everyone had so much fun together. Usually weddings can be stressful, but the few days leading up to the main event were actually calm and it was so nice having everyone together. We missed Grandpa R who couldn't make the trip from Michigan but we were able to live stream it to him so he got to watch it from the comforts of his living room. (Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he still is trying to recover.)
I owe a good part of my sanity to Shell who was my superhero maid of honor! I'm forever grateful for our friendship that spans 25+ years and thousands of miles!
Our photographer was amazing as well and truly captured everything I could have asked for. I wanted to post a pic or two but I couldn't settle on just a couple so here's a montage of our day:
 |
| First Look! |
 |
| We're Getting Married! |
 |
| Don't Drop Me! |
 |
| Just hanging out with the groomsmen |
 |
| Me and my girls! |
 |
| Dustin just hanging with the bridesmaids! |
 |
| The Flying V |
 |
| Everyone Jump! |
 |
| Our adorable ring bearer! |
 |
| We're husband and wife! |
 |
| Mmmm, cake! |
 |
| The best cake ever |
 |
| Our first dance, Nickelback "Never Gonna Be Alone" |
 |
| Dancing with my Dad |
 |
| Photobooth time! |
 |
| Me and my sweet Nicole |
 |
| My awesome Maid of Honor |
 |
How many can we fit in here?!?
|
In case that isn't enough wedding fun for you, click
here to watch our ceremony.
And if you're really into our wedding, click
here for our first dance.
With the house and now wedding complete, D and I have to figure out what sort of excitement we're in for next or maybe we'll just enjoy the quiet for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment