Monday, August 31, 2015

PIVOT!

We're settling nicely into married life so far and finally focusing on getting our new house in order now.  A week after our BIG day we decided to visit my bro and see what kinds of deal we could score on some new furniture for our house.  Luckily for us, we came in at a good time and were able to get a new dining room table and a new sectional for our living room.
Since D and I both have small cars and aren't able to transport a table, let alone a sectional, we opted to have our new purchase delivered to our house at a later date.
The store my bro works for set up delivery for this week, Tuesday to be specific, which left D and I to move our current sofa and loveseat to the basement living room on Sunday so we could make sure the delivery wouldn't be compromised.  I figured moving a sofa and loveseat wouldn't be that big of a deal.  Sure, they are a bit heavy but D and I both work out and I figured if anything we could walk them outside and around our house to the walkout basement.
D had other plans....he thought we could take them down the basement stairs and through the doorway that separates our downstairs from our upstairs.
I don't want to say "I told you so" to my new husband, but D, "I told you so."  Yeah, it didn't work so well.
Anyone remember that episode of Friends?!?!  D has never seen it and the entire time we're fighting with the loveseat to get it down the stairs and through the door, I'm yelling over the loveseat, "PIVOT!"  I was seriously perturbed but at the same time I couldn't stop laughing.



"PIVOT!"

"PIVOT!"

"PIVOT!"

D did not find this as funny as I did as I'm yelling "PIVOT!." But really, it was our own Friends episode.

After about 45 minutes of fussing with the loveseat, we finally got it back upstairs with the legs of the loveseat taken off and we walked it around the house to the walkout.
Once the loveseat was situated we started moving the sofa.  It was a bit heavier and longer and I knew that it had to go around the house to the basement.  We started the trek and after stopping 4 times for me to get a better grip around the sofa, we got it to the door.  We opted not to take the legs off of the sofa because we were sure it would fit through the door.

Sadly, it did not and we continued our little debacle in the backyard.  Finally after taking the legs off of the sofa and pivoting a few more times, we got the sofa into the basement as well.  Mind you, the task that we both thought would take us 30 minutes top, took us close to 2 hours.

Once we were finished, I found the clip of the Friends episode to show my husband.  Yeah, he still doesn't find it as funny as I do.
Thankfully we get our new sectional tomorrow, maybe I can get him to watch the whole episode with me and then he'll think its absolutely hilarious.


"PIVOT!"

1 comment:

Ryan R said...

I was not aware of all this. Our delivery guys would have moved that for you...