Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow day and taxes

Yes, it snowed here as expected and while I think we only had 4-5 inches around the metro area, other areas farther north and south got 10-12 inches.
Work was like a ghost town for the first few hours but about 75% finally made it in by 10 am.  The rest took a "snow day," including the guy that has officially given his notice and is quitting next week.
Perhaps it is rude of me to say, but according to my co-worker he was already talking about the potential "snow day" before he left early Friday afternoon, when there was all of a dusting predicted for Sunday night so I wasn't too surprised when my boss told me he opted to stay home. 
Guess he figured since he's on his way out anyway, no need to bust his butt and try to get any work done in his remaining 6 days.  Wonder if he got to do any sledding on his day off today?!?

In other news, after being a slacker, I finally finished my taxes and D's and got them filed tonight.  It may have been the only productive thing I accomplished today.  I had all intentions of taking both of our returns and creating a joint return for giggles.  Actually, I wanted to see how screwed we would be not having any deductions.  Typically I get a refund which is like bonus money for me (more wedding funds!) but D make sure that he nearly breaks even.  We'll see what getting married does to us for 2015....and we'll see if I actually get around to our "mock" joint return for 2014.

No comments: