Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Oh March

I should really start to get on a better writing schedule but as soon as I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel, life throws a wrench in my plans.  I decided I needed more excitement and decided that it was time to move on from my ever stressful, never-ending, always on my mind job and I officially quit my job.  Thankfully, it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made (its right up there with accepting the job 3 years ago so I could meet my love; agreeing to go on that first date with D; and the most important and BEST decision, saying YES! at the Hoover Dam).  In the meantime, I've secured my new job which is more of a position I am equipped to do with less stress and more control over the Accounting functions and it’s with a company I truly believe in.  I start next Monday, the 23rd and I’m excited to work for someone who is actually trying to do some good in this city of ours.  St. Louis has gotten a bad rap lately and while there has been a lot of bad national publicity, I know there are great things also happening here that I want to be a part of.  My new position and boss are a great example of that and I’m ready to be a part of that crowd.

My resignation actually happened at a good time…if any time really is a good time.  But, as luck would have it, over the weekend the company I left and where D still works, has agreed to be acquired by another company and the corporate office will be leaving the St. Louis area around the time we’re getting married.  It means that unless D is one of the “lucky” 19 people (out of 50) asked to relocate to an area about an hour and a half outside of Pittsburgh, he will be on the hunt for a new job as well.  For us, we do have the flexibility but we also are trying to figure out what is best for us (living in the middle of nowhere doesn't sound like it’s the best though).  It’s amazing how much money talks to some people and how the rich just keep getting richer even if it means shutting down an office and costing employees their jobs.  I’m not sure how these types of people can actually live with themselves knowing that their current net worth of billions just isn't enough and they need more.  (Ok, I’ll get off my soapbox.)

We knew life would be changing but we just didn't know it would be this much.  We’re still trying to plan our Easter trip to Michigan to meet our new niece that was born on March 7th, finish wedding plans (less than 5 months to go!) and figure out where we’re going to live once married (Buy a house & where? Stay in the loft another year?) along with dealing with this new stuff.  Oh and in the meantime, I became an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay and I’m trying to grow my little business with scheduling skincare and makeup classes in my spare time.


Yes, life is crazy but despite that, we’re all getting by. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering when the question was going to be popped. As for the rest of all of that...sheesh.

You guys will be fine though; enjoy the ride.