Friday, February 13, 2015

Cracking jokes

As probably everyone knows D and I work for the same company and in the same group even though we do two completely different jobs.  He recently moved into Export Logistics from Domestic Logistics and for the past 2 years I've been the Export Sales Accountant.  Export isn't much harder than Domestic, there is just bigger sales and a few more details to worry about when loading a vessel rather than a train or barge.  I've been showing him the ropes over the last month as he's the Logistics Coordinator I work directly with in order to get a good portion of my job done.
D sent an email out at work this morning notifying the sales, logistics and accounting group about a export vessel nomination. The vessel name is Tana Sea. 

So I sent him a side email:
How does someone from the deep south say the name of the state where Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville are located?

Tana Sea

I was expecting he would groan at my bad joke but instead he sent me back an email....
Good one!  That was really funny!  :)
 
I'm not known for cracking many jokes and he's usually the one that makes me and everyone else laugh around the office (and at home for that matter), but I had to pat myself on the back for being clever enough to come up with that one.

No comments: