Friday, November 15, 2013

1st of the weekend trips

Two years ago I was fortunate to take a girls' trip to Mississippi to see one of the most awesome bands perform a benefit concert for their Better Life Foundation.  It was one of the greatest concerts I've ever been to and I vowed to myself that if I could, I'd try to make it to each year after.  Unfortunately last year, I was unable to take the 4.5 hour trip South because I couldn't get anyone else to commit to going with me.  It bummed me out that I had to stay home but I felt it was for the best.
Shortly after D and I started dating, I told him about the concert and how much fun that weekend was and we talked about trying to go if we had that weekend open.  For the last 10 or so months, I periodically checked the foundation's website to see if the date had been set and more importantly checked to see when and if tickets had gone on sale.
Finally, 6 weeks ago, I was scanning my Twitter news feed and found the golden ticket.  The concert would be November 16th and tickets went on sale the next day.  I was beyond excited because I knew we had that weekend free and I was fairly certain D would agree this would be a great weekend getaway.  Sure enough, when we got home from work and I told D the news, he told me to go ahead and get tickets.
Since that day, I have been patiently waiting for this weekend!

Tomorrow morning, we're headed South so D can experience the amazing band for himself.  We do have a mini game plan for the trip down as well.....stopping in at another Diners, Drive Ins and Dives featured restaurants in Memphis.  It's a place I visited with my Mom and Michael when we took our mini Spring Break trip last year.
Yep, we're going to experience that Sweet Spicy Love from Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken.  Seriously it is the best fried chicken I've ever eaten and while I try to eat healthy most of the time, I will splurge for some Uncle Lou's.  So delish!

After an insane week of work, I'm so ready to hit the road and have some fun!

No comments: