Sunday, November 10, 2013

The start of the holiday shopping spree

With the next 3 weekends in November booked solid and knowing the holidays are quickly approaching, D and I decided that this weekend is as good as any to start our Christmas shopping.  Typically I'm the one that thinks of gift ideas, starts a budget and tackles all of the shopping for both sides of my family.  This year, we're going to shop together.
D's first request for our join effort -- create a spreadsheet to track all of our gift ideas and purchases. Yes, we're going the high tech route this year, not my typical sheet of notebook paper with scribbled thoughts and places to shop.  Next, we ordered gift cards with D's credit card points and started our online shopping efforts.
Yesterday we headed out to the mall, Kohls, Target and Walmart and made a small dent in the list.  The stores were crowded already and I know its only going to get worse as the days and weeks pass and that December deadline looms.  I may give physical shopping one more go around but beyond that, I'm not sure I have the patience for the stores.

No comments: