Sunday, November 18, 2012

RI: STL style recap

I'm sure you're on pins and needles waiting for my recap of the Restaurant Impossible dinner from Wednesday night, so here it is!

That's Joe waving, I'm on the right taking a pic of the Lexus.

Homemade Dessert?!?  Yes please!!!

The awesome sibling duo

Warning about walking onto a public set!  So exciting!!

The new signage behind the bar.

Robert's Signature Lexus SUV.

Chef Robert Irvine Taping the RI close for the episode
Overall the night was A-MAZING!  I wasn't sure what to expect besides dinner but by having an early reservation we actually got to be a part of the taping that they show when the restaurant re-opens.  The cafe only has about 20-25 tables so this was extremely exciting.  The camera crews were interviewing all of us and getting shots of our meals and pretty much putting the finishing touches on the normal clips that are aired with each episode.
I was star-struck seeing the chef in action along with Lynn the designer and Tom the re-modeler.  I spent most of my night with my head on a swivel trying to catch all of the action.  Sure, I watch them on tv nearly every week but seeing them live and in a local establishment was unbelievable. 
The actual meal  was absolutely fantastic.  We all ordered something different so we could try as much of the new menu as possible and then topped off the evening with dessert.  You only live once, right?!? 
This cafe is definitely a place I'm planning on revisiting because the food alone is magnificent and I truly hope they stick with Chef Robert's new menu.
Most of all, the night was an opportunity to enjoy time with Dad, Ryan and Joe and experience the live version of a show we all love.  As Dad put it the other night, "Who would have thought in 2012 we'd all be watching Food Network and found a show that we all enjoyed and then got to live it?"
Personally, I'm still pinching myself.....I could only imagine being a part of an experience like this!  And of course, wow we're all super pumped to watch the episode when it airs in late January, early February.

No comments: