Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Testing my patience

I'm not sure how I made it through the first 18 years of my life without the internet because after being down for 3 days at home, I was about to go insane and I'm only home and awake for 2 or 3 hours most nights but man oh man, have those hours been less than enjoyable.  Finally last night I decided to call Charter and get a service tech out here to figure out exactly what was wrong.  The service to my place appeared to be working, the modem, which is only a month old, was lit up and connected but the internet would not connect  The tech ran all of the commands he knew to get things back in order, he even called a second tech that popped in to help but still no internet.  After giving me multiple options of what could be wrong, they left about an hour later not being able to fix my MAJOR internet issue.  I was bummed but understood.  In fact, the techs were surprised that I wasn't upset or mad at them for not fixing my internet.  Really, how could I be mad, its not their fault.  So I sat here for about 2 minutes more and decided, why not give the ol system restore a try.  Viola!!  Here I am!  I just don't know why I didn't think of this 3 days ago!  I promise, I'll be smarter the next time.

In other news, last night I had my physical exam for the new life insurance I applied for.  Things went well until the paramedical examiner needed to take a blood sample.  2 small viles of blood is all that was required, easy enough.....well for most.  Of course not for me though!  I made it through 1 vile and passed out while he was taking the second.  Not only did I pass out, he had to catch me before I wiped out on the floor in my living room.  I was out for a good 20 minutes even with him shaking and yelling my name over and over again.  Seriously, who passes out like that?!?  According to both Bro and Mom, both of them have done the same thing.  Guess it runs in the family.  I spent the rest of my evening feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.  Let's hope that the fainting doesn't affect my ability to buy this insurance policy.
It was funny today at work as the girls made it a point to remind me not to pass out when doing certain tasks at my desk or while walking through the office.  What a bunch of jokesters!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I feel bad for not living closer.

Lindsay said...

It's alright. It's a personal sense of accomplishment every time I figure out something computer related, this is of course after I cuss at the computer and get irritated that I'm not smarter than a machine. :)