Saturday, April 07, 2012

Couldn't have planned it better

I was off of work yesterday for Good Friday, but didn't realize it until late last Friday.  I already had this Saturday filled with appointments and rather than rescheduling them to spread things out a bit, I decided to run my normal weekend errands on Friday and keep Saturday as it was.
My plan was to get up this morning and hit the gym for my 2 hour weekend warrior workout and clean up and change at the gym before my 9 am appointment but by the time I got moving, I only had about an hour and 15 minutes to spare (this included getting ready and drive time).  I didn't want to cut into my much needed workout so I improvised at home and did my core routine and got ready for my appointment.
The cool thing is that my gym is literally across the street from the office I was visiting, so I had the bright idea to pack my gym clothes so I could workout in between that and my hair appointment at 1 pm. The salon is right down the street from the gym so I actually was going to save time and valuable gas by staying out that direction.  After my appointment, I hustled over to the gym, changed clothes, started my IPod and I was off to the races.  About half-way through while I was weight-lifting, I see a head pop in front of me.  Coco, who is never one for a weekend workout at the gym, stopped in this morning and decided to workout as well.  We've been hit or miss working out together after work the last few months with both of our schedules so it was fun to be able to catch up today.  It also made an hour on the elliptical fly by!
We finished our workouts, I got cleaned up and ready (again!) for my hair appointment and we made preliminary plans for the week ahead.  We also talked about making these Saturday workouts more of a regular thing, that is if I stop going to the gym at my usual 6 am on the weekends. (If I have weekend company at the gym, I just might switch things up.)

As for my hair appointment, I'm loving the updated color for summer.  My highlights were spruced up and my stylist trimmed up my ends to bring back the sleekness.  She also straightened my hair better than I can ever get it (crazy wavy hair and no patience!).  Usually I'm not one for taking self pics in my car, but I had to today.  So here you go:


I felt like a million bucks with the new 'do and taking care of everything else on this afternoon's agenda.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good....

Lindsay said...

Thanks! :)