Sunday, March 27, 2011

Music feeds the soul

Yesterday my Bro threw his Belated Birthday Shindig so I headed out to visit him and my Dad.  While I was there, the subject of music came up.  As you know, music is a big part of my life.  My Bro and my Dad are also big fans of music.  Ryan will listen to just about anything and will serenade you with Michael Jackson, Earth, Wind & Fire, Journey and then Eminem; whereas my Dad is a fan of mostly Classic Rock, but occasionally he'll surprise us and mention that he likes a song by Train or Uncle Kracker or Kid Rock.
As for me, well, I'm across the board as well.  Depending on my mood, I may listen to Classic Rock, Top 40, Modern Rock, Rap, Pop or Country.  Right now, I'm in the Country phase. 

As our conversation continued, I guess I got a bit excited and mentioned how I heard a Garth Brooks song when I went to lunch on Friday and the fact that I had no Garth Brooks on my Ipod and I really needed to get some on there ASAP!  Somehow my lack of Garth Brooks sounded like I had a major disaster on my hands and in true sibling fashion, my Bro ran with and had us laughing like crazy. 

I guess I'm a bit intense about my musical tastes.  But, you can bet the next time I buy any music, I'm getting some Garth Brooks.

No comments: