Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday extravaganza details...

As promised, I'm detailing all of the fun from my birthday happy hour/karaoke party. Sorry it's a few weeks late, I've been somewhat preoccupied with everything else going on.

Work that day was great. M and KZ were both very thoughtful. They both know my love for marshmallows and it was reflected in my gifts. M also gave me a live, laugh, love picture frame with pictures of her and I from the Christmas party and a picture of all of us girls in Chicago last February. I couldn't tell you how appreciative I was for the awesome gifts. M also made me a chocolate chip cookie cake which I ate without feeling guilty about the extra calories. ;)
I was lucky enough to have exciting lunch plans as well. And really after that, I wished I could have taken the rest of the day off but instead, I went back to work for more celebration.

If you have seen me in recent weeks, you know about my weekly cravings for ice cream in the early afternoon. Well, AB remembered that and on her lunch went and bought 2 half gallons for me to share with the others in the office. My diet was completely out of whack for the day, but it didn't matter much because I was so thankful for having such great friends and co-workers.

At 5, we all high-tailed it out of the office for the much anticipated happy hour at Hotshots. We had a fairly good turn out for dinner and drinks and we even had a little impromptu dance party break out at one point. Nothing gets ya going like dancing to Buckcherry and my theme song nonetheless!! The crowd started dying down but there were four of us that decided there was no time like the present for karaoke and we settled on going to Charlie's for a few songs. I was the opening song for the night and I sang "When I'm Gone". I was thoroughly impressed by my performance too, especially since 5 years ago, you wouldn't catch me up there singing with a huge group let alone by myself. I also sang "Seven Bridges Road," "Shook Me All Night Long," and "Don't Stop Believin'". Since it was a Thursday night and I still had to try to get some work done on Friday, we all headed home around 11.

Friday was a rough day at work for sure. I was extremely tired for staying out and only getting 5 hours of sleep but I plugged through my day and then decided to hit the gym for a much needed workout!!

That Saturday, Shell called and asked if I wanted to go out to lunch for my birthday. I filled her in on all of the happenings from the holidays and the last month or so and we had a great time catching up. Afterwards I had to run a few errands and pick up a very special birthday present before going to my Mom's for dinner with her, Michael and my Grandma. We had the pork steaks I requested along with baked potatoes, salad and my absolute favorite, broccoli. I hung out there the rest of the evening and watched a movie before heading home and then straight to bed.

Sunday was the Super Bowl and the big party over at the boss' house so I took it easy most of the morning and made it over there a little before kickoff. The game was a good one and I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. The only thing that would have been better was if the Cardinals had won the Super Bowl or if I actually won money from all of my betting. There's always next year though!!

Last week, I skated through work and had a crazy weekend of consulting and trying to take care of everything I put off during the week. Saturday night, the girls went out to dinner to celebrate Sherri's life and commemorate her birthday which was January 27th. Sherri's mom gave all of us a beautiful picture of Sherri and I was extremely emotional and grateful that she thought of me as one of her close friends.

Sunday, my mom and Grandma and I went to the movies to see, "He Just Isn't That Into You" and I spent the afternoon hanging out with them and then at the gym working off my dinner and drinks from the night before.

That brings me up to this week and what can I say, so far so good. Work is going fairly well and I'm just trying to stay on top of my accounting duties and get financials done for last month. Last night I had a personal training session at the gym and I have another one tomorrow night; Friday is happy hour (again!) after work; Saturday is Valentine's Day (nothing planned for that as of yet!) and Sunday, I have another baby shower.

Hope you have a great rest of the week! I'll catch up again soon!

One final note for the night, Happy Birthday M! She celebrated her 48th birthday yesterday! M, I hope you had the best birthday yet!! We'll definitely party it up on Friday night! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Needs more Ryan.

-Bro