Wow...two more weeks come and gone and we're already half way through the month of October! I guess first off is Angie's wedding a little over two weeks ago. The reception was absolutely beautiful. I can't believe we were able to pull off getting the entire Butterfly House pavilion decorated in only two hours. I was stressing beforehand because the tables weren't even set up when I got there, but we were able to work fast and get everything looking presentable before the first guests arrived. The night was perfect weather-wise and I personally had a blast just meeting everyone and dancing the night away. Of course, I was exhausted for the next few days so I didn't do much on Sunday and I did very little when I got home from work on Monday night.
While I was sitting at work late afternoon on Tuesday, Derick text me and told me that he would probably be stopping in Vandalia for the night and if I wanted to come visit I could. I thought that was a good idea so around 6:30, I drove out to Vandalia to see him. We watched I, Robot and part of Miami Vice before we both fell asleep. And I was glad to get to spend some time with him especially since he and I have been going in 100 different directions the last few weeks. I ended up getting up early the next morning and driving back to St. Louis to go to work and while I was on the road I passed one of our trucks a few miles outside of Vandalia and I was a complete idiot when I saw it. I rolled down my window and started waving like crazy in hopes that the driver across the highway would see me. He probably thought I was completely nuts, but it's not all that often that I see a truck on the road anywhere around here. It actually was a little exciting for me...even if everyone else just laughed at me for it.
Wednesday night I met M, S and some of the others at Brewskeez for dinner and a few drinks. It was a pretty early night for me though and I came home and crashed about 10.
Thursday night I had to run a few errands after work and pick up a birthday present for my Dad. Around 7:30, M called and asked if I wanted to go to Rookies and meet TL and one of his friends. Impromptu happy hours are always fun so I was definitely in.
Friday night, I decided I was going to have a low key evening, especially since I had been going pretty much the entire week, but that plan changed when M and I decided that we both didn't want to sit at home by ourselves, so we went to dinner at the Ameristar. Our plan included checking out Joe Dirt at the Bottleneck Blues Bar, but we ended up just sitting at Amerisports and talking for a few hours. It's amazing how we can work together for 40 hours a week and still find numerous things to talk about outside of work. She definitely helped me through some things I've been thinking about and dealing with lately and I believe I was able to help her through a few things as well.
Saturday morning, I made the trek back out to Highland to visit my dad and to attend another wedding. This time, one of my 2nd (or maybe 3rd?) cousins got married. This was the 3rd wedding in 4 weeks....crazy. But, it was a lot of fun! It still was hard to believe that Tori got married..especially since she's my brother's age and I can not picture him nor I getting married anytime soon.
I spent part of Sunday out watching football at my dad's and finally decided late in the afternoon to make my way home and take care of a few things before the crazy work week started over once again.
Monday and Tuesday went by as normal...I worked on financials, called customers about past dues and met with the managers in my weekly AR meeting. We had one of our local drivers from Laredo in the office working on orientation training so we decided that we'd all go out on Wednesday night to welcome him up to St. Louis. A group of us went to Hotshots after work for happy hour and to watch the Blues game.
This past Thursday night the work crowd decided to have a tailgate party at S's house. As I was driving over there, my phone rang. It was Derick checking in and seeing what I was up to for the night. I told him about the little shindig we were throwing over at S's and I asked what he was up to for the night. Come to find out he was about three hours away but he was driving in to visit me. That was awesome news....and I know I said, "Are you serious?" like 5 times because I just couldn't believe it. So we had our little party over at S's and around 8:30 he called me and told me he was about 40 miles away...so I made a quick exit and came home to pick up around my apartment a bit. We ended up staying in and watching movies again since it was somewhat late and I made a pizza for us. Really it was nice to have the company and to be able to spend time together once again. We both had to get up early the next morning for work so it was fairly quiet evening for us.
Friday night a few of us from work went out to dinner at Rookies and then decided to go do karaoke. M and I sang Toby Keith's, "I Wanna Talk About Me" and Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" and then M, R and I sang Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me." "Wanted Dead or Alive" was our best performance and I think that will be our signature song for karaoke.
Saturday was a big day....I had tickets to see Rascal Flatts! I invited M to go with me and we made an evening of it. We went to dinner at Massa's and then went to the concert. The concert was awesome! This is the second time I've seen them in concert and they were just as good as I remembered. Our seats were really good and perfect for the stage extension they had in the middle of the floor. The only thing I was bummed about was that they didn't play one of my favorite songs -- Dry County Girl, but even without that, I would definitely see them again.
I spent this past Sunday doing my laundry and watching football most of the day and decided that I needed a day to just take it easy since I had been going pretty much non-stop for most of the week and I did just that.
Today it was back to work and hopefully this week will go by fairly smooth. I don't know of anything major going on and really I have nothing planned until Friday. Friday I am working a half day and driving out to Highland to pick up Nicole after she gets out of school. Luckily she has a half day as well and we're planning on hanging out in the afternoon and then spend the night at my apartment while my aunt and uncle go to a business function. I'm very excited to see her, especially since we haven't had a girl's weekend since last summer. We don't have any set plans yet, but I know it will be a fun-filled Friday and Saturday.
Sunday I am having my mom and Michael over for dinner since I haven't spent much time with them lately either. It's going to be a simple chili dinner, but it will be nice to catch up with them also.
I guess that is pretty much everything. I hope you have a great week!
3 comments:
You're lucky you get to visit with family so much. :-P My only cousin that I've ever become friends with is Christa, and she lives in New Hampshire. My step-cousins I've met more often, and the only girl, Mackenzie, is really sweet. Since she remembers me from when she was little I became her favorite cousin. I always end up playing with her every hour of every day we visit my aunt and uncle, unfortunately they still live way over in Pennsylvania so I don't see them often. I saw Mackenzie last summer at my uncle Shawn's wedding, but sadly that was only a few days for us to talk, and mot of the days were taken up by wedding stuff.
Most of the past few nights have consisted of me sitting at my desk working on one of my many school projects while watching Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, or South Park. I've tried doing the whole "work in a quiet environment" thing, and for some reason I just can't do it. I start to work then end up staring at a wall and losing my train of thought.
The tv being on is helpful, right now it's a special on the Giant Squid...
My mom feels better now that she's had some rest, she has some meds for the pain in her back.
Unfortunately, the main quotes that can be pulled from Labyrinth are really weird. Things like "Show me my dreams", "Fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave", "You want to take off your head, riiiight?" and "Your mother is a fraggin' aardvark".
Though they're made less strange by the fact that David Bowie is in the movie. Anything with him in it is allowed to be weird and musical.
I feel so relieved, I just turned in a few of my projects and I got the results of my research paper from Mr. Strong. The worst part about it was the way I was forced to transition from paragraph to paragraph, since Video Game Content is such a wide area it's kind of hard to not cover a lot of it in the paper. I was one of the few people who did their research early, so I had time to go through a ton of subjects I could include. XD
I got my letter from SIUE. :-O
Post a Comment