It's been pretty quiet over the last few weeks and actually, I have behaved myself fairly well -- I don't know if that's a good or bad thing though.
On the 19th, Nicole came and spent the night at my apartment and we had an absolute blast dancing around my apartment and singing Bon Jovi. She also taught me about the phenomenon that is Hannah Montana. From going to lunch at Fiesta Brava to going to Claire's and buying makeup to making ice cream sundaes, we had so much fun and I was sad to see her leave on Saturday afternoon. Really, I had been looking so forward to our girls weekend that I was kinda lost when it was all over. It was nice being able to leave work early on Friday also...I could get used to doing that on a regular basis too!
We didn't throw any impromptu happy hours throughout the week so I just came home every night and pretty much took it easy after work. And really, work wasn't that bad either...I had the normal problems to take care of and in my spare time I helped out billing and payables so that we wouldn't have a backlog when it came down to the last few days of the month.
This past Friday afternoon Shell called me and asked if I wanted to go with her, Greg and Duane to the City Museum for the 10th Anniversary Party and since it sounded like it would be fun, I told her to count me in. Greg drove over to my apartment around 7:45 and then we drove over to Shell's to pick her and Duane up. It was the first time I'd ever been to the City Museum and it was a little different than I expected (really, I don't know what I expected though). We climbed through the caves and the monkey bars known as the MonstroCity and checked out most of the other attractions offered. Finally, about 1 in the morning, I made it back to my apartment and just crashed.
Saturday, I went over to my mom's to do laundry and she invited me to stay for dinner and I couldn't resist. It was nice to have a home-cooked meal, especially since I haven't done much cooking myself lately.
Sunday, I spent much of the day watching football and then decided to load some music on my Ipod, but as luck would have it, I couldn't get it to sync up and I ended up creating a bigger problem when I couldn't get my Ipod to reset. So I decided to take it to Best Buy to see if they could get rid of the error message. Well, of course with my luck, the Geek Squad rep was no help and told me that I needed to take it to Apple, so I drove out to West County for them to press two simple buttons and fix it for me. I felt like a complete idiot that I couldn't figure that out, but I guess that's what Apple techs are trained for. On my way home, I was sitting in my car thinking and decided to check in with my bro. He and I ended up talking for 3 hours and I must say...I miss our little weekly dinners and sibling nights out like we used to do when we lived under the same roof. We're actually more alike than both he and I thought and I think we truly do miss not seeing each other more often. But, he invited me out to go bowling with him and the guys on a Friday night and I think I'm going to be able to go in two weeks. I'm looking forward to it, even though I haven't bowled since my little incident with the work crew over two years ago. Hopefully I bowl much better this time....otherwise I'm going to be the laughing stock of the entire evening. (Although that won't be a shock...I usually am when I'm with all of them!)
I'm not sure what's going on the rest of this week. Halloween is Wednesday but it is also month-end so I'm sure I'll be at work a little late. M and I talked about finally doing some thing fun this week or at least just getting out for a bit. We'll see what we cook up!
Hope everyone has a great week! I'll update again soon...
2 comments:
Heh, I talked to my school counsellor the other day about a bunch of college stuff. I think he's glad to see somebody who is getting everything taken care of so early, I may end up having to take a few classes this summer though, I need a chemistry credit before I enter the Nursing Prep classes and I don't have one, we're trying to work around that though.
I've never been to that museum, it sounds really cool though. XD
Finally! The month of my birthday is here! Only a few weeks and I'll be 18!
Glad you had fun on your girls weekend, me and my freshman Emily have been trying to plan some kind of outing so that I can finally get out a bit more. She sits next to me on the bus and we'll talk about the various times we've been depressed lately and why. Sadly, her boyfriend cheated on her, broke up with her, and is now rubbing his new girlfriend in her face. So at least I'm better off than her, I just have the whole sitting in a semi-dark room crying, eating ice cream, and watching a favorite movie thing going on. Usually it's 10 Things I Hate About You.
I have probably cried over movies more in the past few weeks than I have in the past few years. XD
I have my car now...
Post a Comment