It's been an interesting two weeks...that's for sure. Let's see, since my last post, I made a trip to Vandalia, reconnected with one of my favorite work buddies, been to a Cardinals game and played in a golf tournament.
On Wednesday, the 12th, I drove to Vandalia after work to see Derick and catch up with him a bit. After driving numerous miles in between Indiana and Illinois, he stopped into Vandalia for the night so that he could visit a sawmill in the morning and I decided that since it wasn't that far from home for me, I'd come by for a visit.
On the 14th, Friday, I got the surprise of my life. One of my bestest buddies and most favorite coworkers, J stopped into our office from Little Rock and even though he's been gone from our office for nearly two years, it was like no time had passed and I had a blast filling him on all of the stuff that has happened lately. We were all hoping to go out with him after work, but C had other plans for him and finally he had to get back to the real reason he came up this way...to get his deer stand ready for hunting season in a few weeks. M and I ended up getting pedicures and pampering ourselves after work.
The next day, Saturday, the fam and I went to Michael's work for an Open House. It was neat to see the offices and different departments that make up the company he works for. Sunday was the Cardinals game with the work crowd and even though the Cards lost - the day was overall a blast. We started out at 9 am and had breakfast downtown before tailgating and heading to the game. I had a heck of a time concentrating on the game and I found it was much easier to socialize with my coworkers and considering the Cardinals were playing horribly against the Cubs...socializing seemed to be the best option. After the game, a group of us went back to the bar we started at and continued our fun for a few more hours.
This past Tuesday, Shell and I were finally able to get back into the routine we started before she left for Columbia and we went to Vincenzo's for dinner. I caught her up on everything that has happened here in the last few weeks and she told me about what she's been doing since she moved back home.
Thursday was Boatfest 2 after work and considering I hadn't been feeling well for three days, I was not planning on going. But, after my doctor's appointment and getting the first dose of antibiotics into my system, I told M that I would go along for the ride to keep her company. Boatfest 2 was a success even though we didn't have near the amount of people we did the last time, and it was nice to just get out for one last summer fling before fall sets in. The river was quite chilly though so most of us spent our time on the sand bar checking out the scenery.
At lunch Friday, I drove out to Chesterfield to pick up all of the decorations for Angie's wedding next weekend. I'm in charge of decorating for the reception and I had to make sure that I got the directions and all of the accessories I needed to make the Butterfly House look spectacular. I'm looking forward to putting it all together this weekend! After work, I drove out to my dad's to pick up the golf clubs I needed for the tournament the next day. While I was out there visiting, I decided to stop into Walmart (because I don't have a good one close by here) and I spent about an hour shopping. That place is awesome and I ended up spending much more than I anticipated but it was all stuff that I needed anyway, so I didn't feel nearly as bad then.
Saturday was the much anticipated golf tournament at Belk Park. The girls and I threw together a group and actually had a blast swinging the club around and pretending we knew what we were doing out there. Really though, we didn't do too bad....only about 11 above par...of course, we were in last place. I think I had more fun going around the course in the golf cart though...especially since S was driving all over and getting carried away as we made our way through the trees and around M's golf cart. After golf, we came back to the clubhouse and played a rousing game of quarters. About 8:30, I drove the crew back to M's and headed home myself. I was completely exhausted after spending the day outside chasing a little white ball.
Finally, we're up to yesterday and I wasn't quite sure what I had in store for the day when I got up about 8. But, I got up and got dressed and went to take care of my laundry. Around 11, Lake Joe called and asked if I wanted to meet him to watch the Rams game and go out to dinner. So I met him and after watching the Rams lose their butts to the Bucs, we went out for Mexican.
It was really nice to actually get to sit down and watch football for a change and not have a million other things to work on -- I might have to make this a Sunday ritual for myself!
Today, was back to work and the normal stuff a Monday brings. I took care of a few issues that I left on Friday afternoon and just plugged along all day like usual. I left work about 5 and came home and cooked dinner (for a change!), worked out, repainted my nails, and then had a few beers with M. Not too shabby if I say so myself!
I'm not sure what's up for the rest of the week besides month-end on Friday and decorating for Angie's wedding on Saturday, but I'm sure I'll find something to keep me occupied -- I always do!
I'll update again soon! Have a great week!
6 comments:
Sounds fun. xD
I saw my first ever Cardinals game(first baseball game, actually)two weeks ago. My friends and i accidentally got a taxi to stop in front of the stadium. >>;
(We were being those annoying people who stand on the top level and yell at people on the street.)
Well, a taxi was driving by so we started calling to it, and the driver, whose window was down and could hear us, stopped in front of the stadium for over five minutes.
My friend Erin and I had to sneak out of the stadium and run down to the gas station to get ummm...'supplies' for an issue I was having. We were on a school trip so we weren't supposed to leave the stadium, but it was a problem that I really didn't feel like explaining to Mr. Vance, or having to announce to everybody else why we had to leave the game early.
'Twas more fun than I thought it would be.
It's more the fact that he was nice, but he wasn't THAT nice.
Heh, I just watched Full Metal Jacket for the first time, 'twas better than I thought it would be.
I also watched Shattered Glass, which is an amazing movie about that reporter from The New Republic who turned out to be making up most of his stories and basically destroyed the entire magazine in the eyes of quite a few readers.
I got letters from my brother yesterday, I feel so bad for him being so far away. He was freaked out but wants to make it through training.
Jobs for Illinois Graduates, it's a chosen group of seniors that participate in the class, and are automatically put into the club that goes with it, the Illinois Career Association. I'm the Reporter for my class, every single person in the class nominated me for it so i got it by default. -_-
I get to write an article for the newsletter we have every quarter. We do projects like the 'Real World Scavenger Hunt" which is basically finding items that you'll need as an adult, tax forms, job applications for different companies, insurance and bank information, classified ads in a paper, etc.
It's a lot of stuff, but I have a binder that's nearly five inches thick, so it's okay. The binder is already over halfway full too.
My allergies have been horrible, they cut the beans we had planted here, so it's like my head is being attacked by every single thing in the air.
My Grandpa Jack came to visit, he's a truck driver and had some extra time, so he stopped by and stayed the night. I haven't seen him in about three years, he looks a lot better than he did last time I saw him, he's a diabetic and was getting pretty sick. He had a surgery to fix something in his heart and is much, much healthier now.
I've been getting random bouts of depression lately and there aren't any people willing to listen to me babble on so i have to rely on the internet to tell my tale of woe. :-P
The SIUE campus is amazing, i've been there twice before but never really looked around. My dad didn't want to do a campus or library tour(we would have if my mom had gone, and it's why I had wanted her to go)but I got to explore the patient simulator lab, which is used for nursing students. It. Was. Fantastic.
Some of the dummies were almost creepy. They had a disembodied fake arm that randomly started bleeding and a full body dummy that breathed, had a pulse, and it would have random outbreaks where a nurse had to come in and "save" it's life.
I'll be taking English and Psychology-related classes all through my schooling too, which is good for my interests. :D
I applied at SIUE the other day and had my transcript sent out, now my nail-biting waiting phase has begun
Also, one of my dogs died today, she was hit by a car. :(
Yeah, i'm just up late most nights so I'm able to make entries often.
My mom keeps insisting that we send a copy of the story i'm writing to my brother in training camp. There isn't much to it yet so I'm waiting till I finish the next section to send it.
I think at this point, I've seen nearly every episode of M*A*S*H.
Bella wasn't the smartest dog and she ran off a lot, so it wasn't surprising that she was finally hit. But it was still sad. :(
Post a Comment