Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Truckin' Accountant

Well I must say, I feel much better since that last post. Granted I am still working quite a few extra hours but I was able to meet with C after our AR meeting yesterday and he was a big help. Really I just wanted to let him know about some of the things I had been seeing with my job and even though he's not my boss directly (since he's in Operations and I'm in Administration) I knew he would be the most help to me getting things corrected. And I have to say, he seemed to take everything to heart and I have already seen some changes that will be beneficial to our company. I'm quite impressed too especially since I never thought that I had enough guts to go to anyone in an authority position and give them my ideas and have them agree with me on a majority of what I mentioned. Maybe I am growing up and actually learning something about the industry I work in...who knows I might be a Truckin' Accountant in no time. There is a reason I say that. Yesterday afternoon while I was getting ready for my meetings one of our fleet managers came back to the billing and accounting office to find someone else who is usually in his department and when he asked where she was at, someone else told him that he thought she might be in accounting. So he walks back to my desk, which is the first desk in the department and says, "is this accounting? I was told to come back to accounting to find so and so and I didn't know we had an accounting department here. Are you really accountants or just accounting wannabees?" My response to him was, "yes there are really accountants back here. You're staring at an accountant right now." He was amazed and of course he next question to me is, "do you have a real degree from a real college?" And in my head I'm thinking...no I just printed one out on my computer...but I was nice and just came back with, "of course, I graduated from McKendree College in December 2004." I guess it is hard for people to believe that I've been so serious and got myself through school so fast. So perhaps I educated one person yesterday afternoon and maybe now he realizes that I'm more than just the co-chairperson of the "Party Planning Committee in Accounting." HA!

In other news, I talked to my buddy J this afternoon before I left work. Even though I haven't had much of a chance to talk to him lately but nothing has really changed...he's still the great guy that seems to care so much about his pals up here in STL. I asked him when he expected to be back up this way and he's not sure. We would love to see him up here soon though or M and I just might have to make that trip to Texas sometime this summer!

Anyway tomorrow night is Parties at the Plaza after work and it should be fun. We all definitely need a happy hour after the last few days. M, S and I went out last Friday to our regular hotspot and had a great time dancing. This week will be no different....we have fun wherever we go. If anything exciting or noteworthy happens I'll be sure to remember it for the next time I write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not put squirrels in the tailpipes of peoples' cars.

Lindsay said...

I will remember that. Not that I could catch a squirrel and put it into the tailpipe of someone's car anyway.