I would not be pondering this question right now if it were a weekday (because I'm usually up at 5:30 or 6 am for work) or if I had gone to bed last night at like 10 or so, but I got home at almost 2 this morning and I didn't get to sleep until some time after that. I'm not sure why my body felt the need to tell me that I was ready to get up because let me tell you..it's a little rough this morning. After work last night a few of us decided to throw a happy hour. This is not unusual for us, normally about once a week or every other week a few of us go out for drinks (and sometimes dinner) after work and just to kick back and have a little fun and listen to a band of some sort. Well last night we decided to hit a bar at a local casino just to kick back because most of us have pretty stressful jobs...it was the most fun I have had in months! Usually 2 or 3 of us are the regular partiers but we were able to get one of the guys that works in the operations part of our company to go out with us too. We've heard that he is quite the partier himself and besides the one time that a few of us went bowling he hasn't gone out with us...we were starting to get complexes, but last night he agreed. What was good about that was that he's just a little older than me and I finally had someone to joke with about things. For example, because most of us are into music at work we constantly have the radio on back in my department and up in the reception area we listen to classic rock or a variety of things all day long...well, last night they played a lot of songs either from the late 70s or early 80s and some of my coworkers were reminicing about being in jr. high or high school when those songs came out and J (I won't give his real name - but its another J I know!) and I would laugh and he would say something like, "I was only 4 or 5" and I would say, "well, I wasn't even born yet or I was only 1 or 2." Always nice to make the people that you hang out with feel 10 times older than the really are. Or when the band would take a break and they would play newer stuff he was right along singing all of the words with me. What impressed me is that he actually was able to keep up with me and sing almost every word to "Baby Got Back" by SirMixAlot. I only know of two people that can sing it pretty much word for word, one being me and the other being my little bro so this was actually kind of neat to know someone else that can too.
Probably the greatest aspect of last night (and really any night that I go out with my work friends) is the looks that one of the other girls gets when we're out. She's about twice my age but she doesn't look it and there are always guys trying to buy her drinks and dance and flirt with her when we're out. Last night was no different, but J and I couldn't believe how agressive some of the guys were about it. One guy sitting at table behind us would not stop checking her out. She had her back to him and J and I were facing him and every few minutes he'd look over and do a rundown of her with his eyes. WE CRACKED UP! Because of the type of person she is, she is nice to everyone....she's bubbly and doesn't want anyone to feel bad so when the waitress came over and said to her, "the guy behind you wants to know what you're drinking and buy you a drink." She says, "oh, I'm alright right now, but maybe later" to the guy...I guess to him that meant he'd already scored and on the other side of the table, we were laughing our butts off. What makes it even more hilarious is that she always mentions her kids and husband and that she's just out to listen to the band and have fun with her friends and the guys that come by don't seem to pay attention to those facts, but she's a super sweet person and would never do anything to compromise her relationship with her husband and family.
I think we are all going to try to go out next week also....J's birthday is next Friday so that gives us an excuse to go out partying again.
So that was my Friday night...I danced my butt off and wore myself out completely and still only needed close to 5 hours of sleep. Thank goodness I'm still young! I'm sure later I will need a nap. :)
The rest of the week went pretty smooth too. I did month-end closing at work on Halloween night and just did my regular routine for the most part Tuesday through Friday. Yesterday I started the task of accruing for revenue for each month of the year in one of our companies and that will be my main task to finish on Monday. Luckily it's all just spreadsheet work and when I have all the data spliced and added, I will just have to add formulas....piece of cake! It's just time consuming having to go back and accrue the right amount to each month since January and then make adjusting journal entries. Doesn't my job sound fun??? Seriously, I do like it...this is what I went to school to do...so finally school is paying off!
I'm off to my Grandma's today to give her a birthday card and visit with her and my cousin, who is also stopping by and see how everyone is doing.
So until next time....try to digest everything I've rambled on about here. I guess that's why I named it random thoughts, right? :)
25 comments:
Your brother sounds like a very sexy guy. It would be nice if everyone on earth could be as awesome as him.
Hmm...I don't know about that. Perhaps you're just partial Ryan! Most of the time he's too busy to talk to me hence the reason why there are only a few comments about him. Next time I'll devote a whole post to all his antics. Sometimes I wonder how I am even related to him! ;)
Yes, Ryan is indeed a very busy man. When you're as awesome as he is, everyone wants to hang out with him, so he is constantly torn between several social scenes.
And I too wonder how he is related to you. I mean, the guy is very nearly a deity. How could he be related to a ho-hum mortal like yourself?
Several social scenes??? And those are more important than your sis? I told you..get a fake ID and you could go out with me...I'm much cooler than your friends.
I'm not a ho-hum mortal either...I'm the most awesome accountant I know. You'll know that in a few months when you want your taxes done!!!
"Awesome accountant" is an oxymoron.
No...it's an alliteration...you should know that Mr. Smarty Pants!
I stand firmly by my former statement, Ms. Prissy Pants.
That's Cool Ms. Prissy Pants to you buddy!!!
Survey says: No.
You don't ever do the surveys I send out...so how would you know?
The fact that you send me surveys (and that you take them seriously) is one of the determining factors in the negation of your coolness.
I send them to you just to tick you off. How else do you annoy a little brother? That's the best way I know since I can't give you wedgies anymore.
Nope, Ryan definitly has god-like abilities. So my vote goes to him.
If I knew your brother, me and him would be like lovers.
Yes...but how long have you known me???? Know me a few more years and you might think a little differently. Ryan can be a pain in the butt nine times out of ten...and wow...I'm finding out way too much about my bro now.
Ryan may be a pain in the butt, but the world would be very boring without him. Therefore, he maintains a very high level of awesomeness for making things interesting.
It does make things interesting...no wonder people think I come from a nuthouse sometimes - I've grown up with a character for a brother. But I wouldn't trade you in for the world, but maybe a KitKat.
HEY!
Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar.
Gimme A Break!
I'll give you a break...
...upside your head.
Sure you will...I could take you and you know that!
Yeah, you know darn well that I could take you....
out to dinner
and then leave
and force you to pay the bill
and then walk home.
Not if I'm driving!
If we want to actually get there safely, I'll be driving.
You won...game over. I'm pond scum.
W00T! I win.
Not that this is anything new.
Post a Comment