Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Rams pulled it off today!

So it's been awhile since I've had a chance to post...sorry to all of my loyal readers! :) This past week has been an absolute mess in terms of work and any extra free time I had I spent it going out trying to forget about everything else I still had to muddle my way through and fix before the end of the month. I knew I was going to have to put in extra time with my job, that was not the problem, for me the problem was that it felt like they wanted me to work miracles and fix payroll and fuel expenses that have been wrong since day 1 of one of our companies in like 5 days time. Usually that would not be a problem for me but when numbers are still wrong after trying to fix them then that is a real issue. If I could get my hands on the previous "accountant" who did all of this stuff...she would be in bad shape. So anyway, after I put in my 10 or 11 hours most days this past week, I decided it was time for a little fun. I'm hoping that tomorrow is my last day of having to put in extra time before the next month-end but I'm sure we'll find something else that I'm going to have to re-create for the entire year for one of the 5 companies that I'm in charge of all before the end of this year.
I do have some of the best friends though....they listened to me complain about all of my work problems this week and really were quite supportive. Thanks everyone for listening to my rants and raves.

This weekend I promised myself that it would be a relaxing one and it has been. Yesterday I went and visited my mom and step-dad and did my laundry and then came back home. Last night Mark came over to watch the Blues game with me and hang out for a bit because he heard about my week too. Actually I think he came over to try to talk some sense into me and get me to root for the LA Kings instead. For almost the entire game I kept telling him, "oh the Blues will win...they got out to a great start and now they're just trying to wear out their opponents." And he just kept telling me that they were going to lose 6-3. Well, they didn't lose 6-3 but rather 5-2...still not a great game. Patrick Lalime wasn't even in goal last night which I think made it even worse because this just goes to show that we have absolutely no goaltending with our #1 & #2. I hope this is just a small rut and things will change soon otherwise the Blues risk losing the few fans that did return when the NHL & NHLPA straightened out their mess.

On a positive note, the Rams won today! I actually picked them to win too when it seems like everyone else in our Pickem league (with the exception of my bro) thought that they were going to lose. Go Linds! I watched the entire game in hopes that I would see the Jags put in #31 Cornerback Scott Starks. Scott and I went to high school together and now he's in the NFL. Didn't see him in the game, so I'm not sure if I just missed him or if he didn't get to play. The Jags other CBs are actually pretty good so perhaps he's not getting much of a chance to play yet. It's still neat to be able to say, "hey, I graduated from Hazelwood East with that guy and look where he's at now."

Enough useless ramblings for now. Just thought I'd update especially since I haven't been online much this week.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! (One day early, since I'm sure that I won't feel like posting tomorrow.)

No comments: