Happy November!
Last night was Halloween and Declan had so much fun trick-or-treating throughout the neighborhood and passing out candy to the other kids. We let Declan pick out his costume again this year and this season he chose to be a fire truck. He really has a love for vehicles -- last year he was an excavator, this year he had to be a fire truck, not a firefighter, but a fire truck. We set out in September to buy his costume because I wasn't sure how I'd feel in October going out with a newborn and finding a costume. Thankfully Target had exactly what we needed and Declan has been super excited for Halloween since that time.
Saturday night we carved our pumpkin and all day Sunday he asked if it was time to go trick-or-treating. Finally after a quick dinner of Taco Bell at 5 pm, we got him ready at 5:45 and let him go and check out the neighborhood. I stayed home with Connor and my mom but we did spend some time outside setting out the treat bags for the kids visiting our house and catching up with our neighbors. Similar to last year, we decided to be more cautious and we put a table in our driveway with prefilled treat bags for the trick-or-treaters. Declan made his rounds with the help of D and Michael and got back home around 6:30 so happy with his loot.
Connor was unimpressed with Halloween and spent most of his time sleeping in his stroller covered up while we were outside but he did look adorable in his Halloween outfit picked out by Declan. Overall it was a good night, but it was tough getting Declan ready for bed and preparing him for school today. I never thought I'd say this, but I've turned into the mom that would prefer for Halloween to be on the last Saturday of the month rather than whatever day the 31st falls on. It would make my life so much easier rather than trying to explain to a toddler that he can't eat all of his candy and he needs to get to bed and get some rest after all of the Halloween excitement because the next day is a school day.
Anyway, here are some pics of our fun:






No comments:
Post a Comment